Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kristus

Mudbox Cacodemon (Model)

I made a cacodemon: http://www.doglike.org/models/mudbox-cacodemon1.jpg
1.5 hours or something in Mudbox. It's just a qiuck doodle. If I was gonna use it for anything. I'd probably put in another half hour or so to sharpen it up.
Didn't look at the actual sprites for reference a single time while making it. (Not that I should really need it by now, after all I've been killing these things for over a decade.)

EDIT: I know there's supposed to be another pair of horns at the back bottom, just didn't bother.

Gotta love Mudbox, ZBrush et al. They make modelling far more intuitive (and easier)... until you actually try to get your creation working in a game.

Wow, that looks really good. I resized it and converted it into the DOOM palette and looks very good.
If it's skinned this could easily create a new caco monster. If you continue with this, would you mind to take pics of it in the classic DOOM angles?

This is a quick doodle?

Damn. My quick doodles always come out looking like... errr... quick doodles. As opposed to relatively finished creations.

The Doom 3 Caco was a blob of snot. I agree with Creaphis. It should have been more like this.

Creaphis said:

Give Phobos the cacodemon Doom 3 shoulda had.

Yes, but also keep the original Doom 3 cacos there. Don't remove them.

printz said:

Yes, but also keep the original Doom 3 cacos there. Don't remove them.

Look, buddy, there ain't room on this moon for the both of us. One of us has got to go.

Er, I mean, there is no reason to have two completely different versions of what is essentially the same monster, with the same name even. Unless their appearance, behavior, and everything else about them is notably different from each other, it'd be like a certain project which had 3 types of dark imps. (in b4 you tell me what a great idea that was, too)

:P

3 types of dark imps

sounds vaguely familiar... can't put my finger on it though ('_')

The original cacodemon is based on artwork that isn't really cartoony. I think that with the right texturing it could fit DOOM 3 pretty well. Although I'd say its "biological" style is somewhat different than that of the monsters in DOOM 3, so it would work but only if other monsters were changed somewhat too, for consistency.

Anything’s better then that dried out leather creature that is in Doom 3. I dislike the Doom 3 caco with its exposed brain and foot thing so much. I like all the Doom 3 monsters except the Cacodemon.

This model rains supreme. But I think the caco from Doom 64 fits in rather well with Doom 3.

Creaphis said:

Give Phobos the cacodemon Doom 3 shoulda had.

Agreed for great justice.

The Doomguy looks pretty good, from what I can tell. The picture reminds me of this stupid chocolate guy from an AXE commercial I keep seeing.

Take screenshots of it and make a High-Res Sprite.

Mechadon said:

Agreed for great justice.

The Doomguy looks pretty good, from what I can tell. The picture reminds me of this stupid chocolate guy from an AXE commercial I keep seeing.

Negro.

This Cacodemon is bloody great, but there a number of minor things I think you should change to make it more like the original

1. Add the extra set of horns to its underside, as well as the hanging vein things on its bottom

2. Give it longer horns on top of it

3. Remove the tongue

4. It needs more teeth, also, the Cacodemon has 3 front teeth in the middle not 2

I would really like to see this ingame, you have prooved that the original Doom monsters can be converted to 3D models withoot looking terrible :D
I hope Doom 4 uses the original monster designs...

Technician said:

I like all the Doom 3 monsters except the Cacodemon.

It reminded me more of Duke3d's Octobrain than a Caco.