Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bullsquid

Do you know the name of this wad?

Im looking for the name of an old wad i played when i was like 10 years old. What i can remember about it is that it was some kind of partial conversion with about 5-10 maps, The cacodemon was replaced with some ugly yellow floating ball and i think the chaingunners were replaced in some way too.
I also think i remember there was a dual chaingun and the BFG ball was red instead of green and spelled out FUCK when exploded.

The levels i think were kinda crappy and had a dark hellish theme with much lava and caverns except the last level wich was called something like stairway to heaven or something similar and was a white room with lots and lots of stairs.

I think some sounds were replaced too.

I dont remember the wad being good or even decent but i just wanna play it again for nostalgic purpose.

If anyone know what this is called please tell me.

WADs of this sort are generally hard to find because they are usually just rips from other people's work, often without permission. Thus they get deleted off archives or appear only on people's home pages for a short period.

Interesting... it definitely seems to fit the description. Crappy, yes, but also one of the more wacky WADs out there. It's got some pretty inventive things in it.

thx so much for uploading a proper wad. How did u do that?
The regular file wont work at all for me.

I cant believe how crappy this was, even worse then i remember.
The "new" monsters are just so damn ugly its looks like a childs drawings and the textures are horrible etc.
The last map is the only one i remember.
Although it was super crappy it was fun to play it again after so many years, very nostalgic. This was one of the first wads i can remember playing way back when i used to play doom2 under DOS with a 486 and 2mb ram. good times :)

bullsquid said:

thx so much for uploading a proper wad. How did u do that?

It's a few years ago now, but I presume it was as follows:
* Look at the bat file in Notepad to see what it did, so I could then do the useful bits by hand, namely...
** Rename bloody.dm2 to bloody.exe
** Run bloody.exe
* Load the binary deh file using dehacked.exe
* Save a text deh file using dehacked.exe

The batch file works fine on a computer that supports true DOS, so one way to get the original package going is to use DOSBox, if a post-DOS OS can't handle it with its DOS emulation (if any).