Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I don't know if this is against rules or anything but I wanted to make a quick post to point people towards my mod page over at zdoom. Some of you have probably seen it already. I've made enough progress that I feel like doing a little promoting to get people interested in what I'm doing.

It's a complete conversion of Doom into a science fiction horror mod using custom made graphics.

Here is my project page:

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=19361&p=377029#p377029

Very impressive. The weapon sprites as well as the Monstrosity are stunning. Some of the others, especially the Pest, seem a little off. You have a really unique artistic style that is going to set this apart from anything made so far for Doom.

If the maps are the same quality as the sprites, this will be amazing. Definitely looking forward to it.

peoplethought said:

And I never said I was asking for suggestion or criticism, I was just giving you all the blessed opportunity to let your fragile eyes gaze upon my masterpiece.

Yeah I remember this project. You remember this little gem? Cause I'm not about to jump on the 'WOW YOU MUST BE A GOD' zdoom forums bandwagon. I of course have my own two cents but if this is your attitude then I won't bother.

Ryathaen said:

You have a really unique artistic style that is going to set this apart from anything made so far for Doom.

I think this and this look quite a bit like Hacx, particularly the cyberspace maps.

Use3D said:

Yeah I remember this project. You remember this little gem?

Out of context I'd take that as tongue-in-cheek. Did he actually mean it as stated?

RjY said:

I think this and this look quite a bit like Hacx, particularly the cyberspace maps.

I assumed the maps shown were just for demonstrations. If those are the actual maps for the project, they need some serious work.

The pest graphic is the least developed of them all.

Most of the images up on that page are not the finals that I'm now using.

The map shots were just test rooms.

The "blessed oppurtunity" thing - I was actually joking when I said that. Because of the silly attitude some people gave me on these forums. In particular it was the one sided rotations thing that I got some unusual criticism for. Haven't felt the need to do it since I've been on the Zdoom forums.

And I'm not just putting this stuff up here to have people feed my ego. I'm doing this for myself. It's something I've always wanted to do and I now have the ability and the tools to make it real.

this is gonna take you 50 years to finish isn't it?

peoplethought said:

The "blessed oppurtunity" thing - I was actually joking when I said that. Because of the silly attitude some people gave me on these forums. In particular it was the one sided rotations thing that I got some unusual criticism for...

Well at any rate, the new weapons/textures look really cool. they really give the project an eerie feeling. I'm extied to see more textures, like organic cages or biotech/alien stuff. I really like the color scheme.

I think some weapons look flat since they seem to be pointing into the sky a little bit, it's a perspective thing.

Also, despite you having said you wouldn't want to do sprite rotations, I still feel it may distract from the immersion a bit. Since these mostly aren't bipedal creatures making animations for the rotations wouldn't be as tasking. I would even be willing to see less creatures for favor of rotations for the more basic ones.

Well I got all this done in a little more then 2 months. I have all the weapons programmed. Ammo and projectiles for the weapons and most monsters almost complete. So I don't know. Mapping is what will take longest.

ahh yes i remember seeing this, i do like the work you have done, although complete rotations would be cool.

The resources you've put together actually look really cool, in their own bizarre but self-consistent style, so I'm less concerned about the lack of sprite rotations now. If a good few maps can be made for these resources then this wad will definitely be memorable.