Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MmM

You may have a Wocket in your Pocket, but I've got a Shambler in my Rambler

So, okay, I don't have a Rambler, but I couldn't think of anything else that rhymed with Shambler.

I hate the teeth and mouth. Everyone gives shamblers too square teeth and a forward mouth with lips around it. Ruins the 'fun monster' charm :(

Thanks for the comments!

Creaphis: Shamblo's Bite Sized Gibs is a 'joke' accessory I made for my Quake: Scourge of Armagon Gremlin action figure last year. It just wouldn't have been right for me not to take a picture of him munching on some (gotta endorse your own products--it's in the Shambler's contract).

leileilol: I believe Shamblers are supposed to have more-or-less square teeth, sure, they're a bit pointed at the ends, but I don't see them as vampiric canines or anything--that's the impression I got from looking at the game model/textures anyway. The lips I added because it just makes sense to have lips around teeth. I do agree that the head could be better though, in particular, I think it's a bit too large and it could sit better on the body.

Aw, you didn't photograph him in his trademark "Scary Uncle is After You" pose....

I think the only thing wrong with the head is it's a little too far down his shoulders. Beyond that this looks pretty solid.

Awesome as usual MmM you've got to submit this the the Romero Fan art section. I was going to post something on Halloween but ended up getting invited out and felt sick the following days. Anyway the Shambler's face has more detail when it's gibbed off the body. If you load a model of just the gibbed off head you will see more detail, And it's teeth look more pointy. When it's on the body the pixelation makes all the teeth blend in together.

check out this link to see what I'm talking about..

http://facelift.quakedev.com/remodel/

Shapeless: Yeah, looking at the image on the site you linked to, I agree that the teeth look a lot sharper on the gibbed head. I still think flat teeth look better on a Shambler, probably because it subconsciously suggests a link to human teeth. I don't think I'm going to submit this one to Romero--the decapitated head was a different matter, as that related specifically to him.

And, somebody on another forum I belong to wanted to see where I keep the piles of figures I sculpt, so I threw this together (see how many id Software monsters you spot):

http://kramwartap.fortunecity.com/what_a_mess.html

TomoAlien said:

You must have a lot of free time. All your figurines are nice.

I think it's less about how much free time you have, and more about how good you are at using it.

MmM said...
(see how many id Software monsters you spot):

A quick look revealed an Arachnotron, a Mancubus, Romero's Head and a Cacodemon :)

The Shambler's teeth are somewhat spade shaped and uneven, but I can accept the fact that spite and low-pixel games leave a lot details for artistic interpretation, this and this being some of my favourite tributes to the monster.

TomoAlien: I do have a lot of free time, but I’ve also been churning them out for about six-seven years straight too (I make anywhere from 26-48 sculpts a year, according to my records)

Lord_Z: Not a bad attempt, but you missed several:

Revenant, Rotfish, and Shambler on my keyboard.
Vagary in front of Mancubus.
Lost Soul and Q2 Flyer lying near the Arachnotron.
Vore, Scrag, Arch-Vile, and Spawn on various shelves.

Coopersville: Yeah, there’s some really wild Shambler interpretations floating out there. I’ve seen the second DeviantArt image you posted before, but the first one was a new sight for me.

leileilol: Damn, I forgot the armpit hair and the breasts.

that's pretty damn cool.

I've always liked shamblers. From how tough they were to fight in the original quake to the growl they make when they hurl their lightning - more like a harsh breath than a growl.

I couldn't figure out what that horn thing that the shambler was blowing into in one of the pics. Perhaps the shambler was trying to make ocean noises in an outsize seashell or something.

Anyway, nice work.

The horn is the "Horn of Conjuring", an additional power-up found only in the "Scourge of Armagon" expansion pack. It allows you to summon a monster to fight on your side, which is pretty cool. I originally made it as an accessory for my Quake Gremlin figure.