Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bullsquid

New map released: The Outpost

I just finished a new map thats supposed to be included in my map set but i release it as a single wad for now until im sure its 100% bug free so please feel free to playtest it and tell me if its any good and if u find bugs.

***Note1: Since its gonna be included in my mapset soon the map number is MAP 04.

***Note2: i found huge amount of errors using GLboom making the map totally unplayable. But it runs just fine on any other port exept some secrets areas where the floor lowers dosent work in regular prboom. Anyway dont use it with prboom and u be fine.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/htitf4
*fixed and updated

Are those enemies rendered in 3-D using the game's engine or 2-D sprites prerendered in 3-D? ...Cause I'm thinking of doing the latter myself for my own mods but I don't know if the former is possible or not.

Hi, this is much better than your former levels. I played on the lowest skill, but I’m interested in playing your megawad, when it is ready.

The maps are supposed to be played on UV since i made them for UV first and then removed monsters for easy and medium skill lvl.

A full megawad will take a huge amount of time to make so i dont think i will go as far as making 32 maps but maybe 10 or something, time will tell.

An ok map.

Things noticed ...

1) Sector 103 does not open. You should have made lines 508, 509, 506 and 507 have line action 109 , not 110, since the door is already closed. And then lower unpeg lines 575 and 576. Give line 575 offsets of x -17 and y 16 and line 576 y 16 only.

2) Lines 69 and 11 need lower unpegging and an x offset of -16.

3) Note the ceiling flat of the smaller sector 81. Might be worth making it the same as sector 105.

4) Note texture used at line 547 and lines 580 and 583. Intentional ? Y align ?

5) Y align lines 605 and 363 to -72.

6) Y align line 349 to -9.

7) Y align lines 415 and 422 to -32.

Also the reason why you are having problems with prboom is because you have not tagged the linedef and the floor sectors. You gave the lines an S1 action, which by rights should be tagged. This will fix sectors 10, 150 and 147 for prboom.

thx for pointing that out i think i've fixed all misaligned textures but how do u mean i should do the tagging of secret sectors? will just putting "next unused" work?

and also do u know whats wrong in glboom? many floors seems to have different heights and the outdoor area is totally ruined.

Eternus said:

I take it I should have run through Maps 1-3 before this?

Well both yes and no.
The map is supposed to be map4 in my mapset but all maps in the set can be played from start (pistol, 50 ammo). It just becomes a bit easier if u have guns and ammo from previous levels.

bullsquid said:

thx for pointing that out i think i've fixed all misaligned textures but how do u mean i should do the tagging of secret sectors? will just putting "next unused" work?

and also do u know whats wrong in glboom? many floors seems to have different heights and the outdoor area is totally ruined.

Some misaligned textures are still there. Forget "next unused" . What you have to do is this ...

Give line 19 tag number 13.

Give line 309 tag number 15.

Give line 528 tag number 14.

BTW without these fixes, it will not work under vanilla doom either.

Also what version of prboom are you using ? For me, both 2.4.7 and the latest prboom+ render fine. Can you be more specific ?

prboom change log says 2.4.8.5 as the latest

i will get right on to change that, thx.
if u find more stuff to fix please tell me. i dont wont to upload a buggy map again.

Also c u tell me why i need to change these lines to 13 14 15 so i understand what i did wrong?

bullsquid said:

prboom change log says 2.4.8.5 as the latest

i will get right on to change that, thx.
if u find more stuff to fix please tell me. i dont wont to upload a buggy map again.

Also c u tell me why i need to change these lines to 13 14 15 so i understand what i did wrong?

Strange. It looked fine with 2.4.8.6 beta for me. Screenshots ?

You need to place those tags for the floors to lower. Fire up DoomBuilder and open your map. Select a linedef. Then select Select Action ... . See where the S D H etc are ? Notice that ONLY Door actions you do not tag. ALL switch actions need tagging.

I realise that ZDoom, prboom+ with the use of an option, and Risen3D allow for this ( maybe others ? ).

hawkwind said:

Strange. It looked fine with 2.4.8.6 beta for me.

I'd guess he means that after the map has been shattered by one of the invalid tag problems, it looks a mess (which it will!).

same area as screenshot 2 at top of page

whats wrong here?
Im guessing it has something to do with the stone pillars.

I did a fresh install of prboom+ 2.4.8.5 and loaded your wad and all was fine for me. The only two things I can think of that would give the result you are getting is a bad nodes build or if you are in noclip mode.

It might be worth removing sprite 32000 as well.

Only get this error in GL mode and im sure im not using noclip.
The nodebuilder i use is zennode. should i change that?