Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoOmEr4LiFe

Michael Crichton, passes away at 66

one of the best modern science fiction, with emphasis on actual science, writers. very sad that he's gone.

Patrick Pineda said:

Andromeda Strain was always my favorite.

RIP

Same here. Haven't checked out the new miniseries of it, but I really liked the 1971 movie adaptation.

RIP

I've read Jurassic Park, The Lost World, The Andromeda Strain, and I tried to read Congo but never got a chance to finish it for some reason.

My sister's gonna cry if she hasn't heard the news already since she was a big Crichton fan back when she was a teenager.

EDIT: I take it back on what I've read and not completely read by him. I've also read Eaters of the Dead entirely and read parts of The Terminal Man and Sphere. I really must go to the library more often.

I heard that in a book about glaciers or something he was starting to get preachy.

Anyways, I've read and enjoyed The Sphere and The Great Train Robbery (if that's the name of it). It's a shame to see him go.

Edit (after reading the article) SIX FEET NINE INCHES! That's a big author.

I read Jurassic Park and TImeline. Those were pretty good books. Pretty sad to see him go. He wasn't terribly old.

Bah, just take his blood while he's still fresh, shove it in a few dozen bio-plastic eggs and make a theme park of michael crichtons.

It would all go wrong of course, and the micheal crichtons would break out and eat people. Cause of Chaos theory. And stuff.

I've only read Congo and The Great Train Robbery. Kinda odd, since I liked the Jurassic Park movies (mainly because of dinosaursyay). Maybe I should go visit the library...

Wow! Yikes! He was my only inspiration in life. He did more with 7 characters and 5 sets and hit on global issues than anyone ever could. I never would have guessed that he was 66, he looked maybe 45, even though I knew he was clearly older.