Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bullsquid

Monsters teleporting in

Im having some trouble with this action.

I know how monster teleports work etc but what i cant do is make rooms outside the map and make monsters in those rooms teleport in at a given time. walk trigger etc.

If u look at congestion 1024 map 29 for example there are lots of monsters in seperate rooms not connected to the actual map.
But how do u make these monsters to be alerted when their rooms are outside the map and they cant hear me?

This is not possible in vanilla doom. You need a passage to the room containing monsters to alert them - there's no way to alert them with a trigger or anything like that. I don't have congestion 1024 so I can't look at it right now.

Read the topic at the top of the Doom Builder forum! This is an editing question so it goes in the editing forum.

magicsofa said:

This is not possible in vanilla doom. You need a passage to the room containing monsters to alert them - there's no way to alert them with a trigger or anything like that. I don't have congestion 1024 so I can't look at it right now.

Nope, it is possible in vanilla. Kind of hard to explain, but find out which sector number (not the tag, the actual number of the sector) you would be standing in when you want them to wake up (but remember you would have to be shooting something to wake them) and give your monster room (the one not connected to the map) the same sector number, effectively making it the same sector. Then they'll hear you firing and wake up.

I hope that makes sense. Someone else will probably do a better job of explaining it.

magicsofa said:

This is not possible in vanilla doom...

What? Just make the monster containing sectors have the same references as a sector the player is moving/firing in. Any sounds the player makes will be 'heard' by the monsters, with no physical connection the the map. Then you can have a door open in the containing sector at the right time and have the monsters then teleport out.

When using Join Sectors - make sure the first sector you select is within the map since the others you join to it will inherit it's attributes.