Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
desolateheart666

Out of memory in Windeu and deu

Whenever I try to save my level it ask to rebuild the nodes, as the nodes are rebuilt windeu says 'out of memory' and closes..I get the same thing with Deu..except no message appears in Deu it just crashes. Doom Builder works fine but i'm new to level editing and I like the feel of working with deu..I use the shortcuts more instead of the gui..i think it's a good program to start building levels in. has anyone ever had this problem or does anyone know of a way to fix it?

Yeah... WinDEU is pretty out of date these days. I really liked the old shortcuts and was used to them because I learned to map on DEU (to the point where I did my first major ZDoom project largely in ZETH because it was like DEU in many ways), but once you get used to Doom Builder you'll probably be wondering why you didn't ditch WinDEU's buggy ass earlier.

I'm an avid DETH user, but I ended up with Doombuilder, simply because I was too lazy to bother with a Dos program in XP to make some Doom maps. But I constantly question if I shouldn't bother anyway, since I really don't like Doombuilder's interface. How it does, much of anything really.

Though, I watched a video of Doombuilder 2, and it did look very promising, showing how it was dealing with a number of things I had often questioned why Doom builder didnn't/couldn't do properly, efficiently, or at all.

I'm still on the fence though. I'll reserve my final judgement for when I actually used it myself.

Throwing down for DoomBuilder, here. When I first started making levels, I used DEU, then DETH (ZETH once ZDoom was out) and DoomBuilder is seriously the only way to go.