Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Butts

walls

i do not know how plausible this idea is, but instead of having just the floor slope, can the walls get sloped as well, to reduce texture distortion? im almost positive that slopes are not going to be implemented in eternity, but i just thought id throw that idea in there.

and a more important question: i have vista, and every time i map i have to close explorer. i can't test any eternity map straight from doom builder for some reason, explorer open or closed, and i have to close out of doom builder, start explorer, and drag my wad(s) on to eternity each time i want to test it. any advice on how i can test straight from doom builder to eternity?

If/when slopes are implemented in Eternity, I would imagine that there would be functions similar to ZDoom's x/y flat scaling ACS commands in order to avoid extreme texture stretching.

And once UDMF is supported, it'll be possible to set this directly in the sector properties rather than using a script or an ExtraData entry.

Neither of the EE devs use Vista so it's very difficult to diagnose or debug any vista-related problems :( Sorry

Butts said:

and a more important question: i have vista, and every time i map i have to close explorer. i can't test any eternity map straight from doom builder for some reason, explorer open or closed, and i have to close out of doom builder, start explorer, and drag my wad(s) on to eternity each time i want to test it. any advice on how i can test straight from doom builder to eternity?

I've never really tried Doom Builder's built-in test functions with any sourceports. Instead I just use batch files, so to test my map I just save it in DB and double-click the batch file. The ones I use for my Eternity stuff look something like this:

C:/Doom/ee3.33.50-win32/Eternity.exe -file "C:/Doom/wips/vaporproject/vaporware-res.wad" "C:/Doom/wips/vaporproject/mines-map01.wad" "C:/Doom/wips/vaporproject/mines-xtra.wad" -warp 01 -nomusic

I could probably simplify the long file addresses by using a cd command to go to that directory before doing anything else, but either way, it works. :P

Just paste into notepad, change the file addresses and whatnot, adding or removing any parameters you need, and save it into a file with .bat as its extension instead of txt. Then double-click it to open EE, load your wad(s), and go to your map.

esselfortium said:

C:/Doom/ee3.33.50-win32/Eternity.exe -file "C:/Doom/wips/vaporproject/vaporware-res.wad" "C:/Doom/wips/vaporproject/mines-map01.wad" "C:/Doom/wips/vaporproject/mines-xtra.wad" -warp 01 -nomusic

[in notepad:]

wadfile = vaporware-res.wad
wadfile = mines-map01.wad
wadfile = mines-xtra.wad

[ctrl+s, name mines.gfs]

[on command line or in batch file:]
c:\doom\ee3.33.50-win32\eternity -gfs mines.gfs -warp 01 -nomusic

So much easier to read and modify.

Anyway I have no idea why Doom Builder cannot execute Eternity; this is not a problem that is unique to Vista, as I've had it complained about by XP users as well. EE doesn't do anything special with command line parameters so I don't think this is our fault.

Wait, I can launch EE from DB... This is the first time I've ever heard of anyone having a problem doing so... Can you tell me what the command line parameters are in DB for launching EE?

engine: C:\Users\(mycomputer)\Desktop\Eternity\Eternity.exe

-iwad %w -file "%A" "%F" +map %L -skill 4

thar be the parameters.

...but i get the command line popping up then saying "error: could not start eternity"

most helpful thing i have seen...

Eternity does not support a +map command on the command-line currently. Try removing that and see what happens.

ahh thank you i got it working. it turns out that the quotation marks around some parameters screwed it up as well.