Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Siggi

There's more Action! where I live than I thought

Congratulations!

hmm, I wonder if they contacted him to ask/let him know. He may already know about this I mean he is shy and doesn't seem the type for public self promotion or anything... heh :D

Here's hoping for "Action Doom 3: The Return of the Revenge of the Sequel: Part 2 - Now with more Sprinkles!" Lets seem them put that on a DVD cover.

HackNeyed said:

Here's hoping for "Action Doom 3: The Return of the Revenge of the Sequel: Part 2 - Now with more Sprinkles!" Lets seem them put that on a DVD cover.

Actually, it would be "Action Doom 3: The Sequel to the Prequel".

I know. I was thinking about that but it wasn't long and impractical enough for me since the 3rd of something often seems removed from the 2 previous and more coherent offerings.

Gez said:

Actually, it would be "Action Doom 3: The Sequel to the Prequel".

Ah man, now you're dooming yourself to the fate of the Zelda series; where every game after Zelda 2 is either a prequel or a sequel to a prequel.

HackNeyed said:

Congratulations!

hmm, I wonder if they contacted him to ask/let him know...

Short answer, yes.

Necros20 said:

Speaking of which, the AD2 website dosen't work. :(

The whole Mancubus.net site doesn't work. It affects Action Doom, the (G)ZDoom SVN, and more, including Mancubus' avatar.

Gez said:

The whole Mancubus.net site doesn't work. It affects Action Doom, the (G)ZDoom SVN, and more, including Mancubus' avatar.

Blame dreamhost. Might I recommend no one ever use them. ever.

Necros20 said:

Can we expect the site to be back up soon?

Of course. Patience is key.

Wow! That's really neat! I had gotten an email about this and sent them the OK to put it on the Magazine, but I never expected anything to really come of it... this is really exciting. Now I just need to get a copy of the magazine... would anyone be willing to pick one up and send it to me? I would certainly reimburse you.

Scuba Steve said:

Wow! That's really neat! I had gotten an email about this and sent them the OK to put it on the Magazine, but I never expected anything to really come of it... this is really exciting. Now I just need to get a copy of the magazine... would anyone be willing to pick one up and send it to me? I would certainly reimburse you.

I'm sure I can arrange something.
Talk to me on irc, or PM me or something.

I wasn't sure if they'd asked first or not, but I figured you'd be happy to see your creation getting some attention. :)

I wonder if we could nominate action doom for some kind of indie game award :S

Sure wouldn't hurt to get it on PCGamer, Indie Game Roundup or Gamespy's free games article. The more people that play it, the better... that's why it's free.

On another note, is the content in AD2 iWad entirely original? I think some of the sounds are from Half-Life and such...

Step 1: Release Action Doom
Step 2: ?
Step 3: PROFIT!

EDIT: anyways, back to the point I was making, hypothetically, if ZDoom were GPL'd, this still wouldn't be free software?

Well... when you start developing something as a Doom addon.. and it becomes standalone and takes off... this is an issue you dont' think about. Finding someone who can make decent sound effects is surprisingly hard.

I would, even now, be very interested in finding someone who would be willing to create a bunch of original sound effects for the project.

Anyone interested?