Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chronoplasm

Monsters Triggering Actions?

OK, so I know that monsters can teleport when they walk over certain Linedefs. My question is, can monsters cause other events to trigger when they walk over linedefs? For example, can a monster cause floors and ceilings to rise and fall when it walks over certain areas?

I also have another question. What happens if monsters are able to pick up items? If a demon picks up say... a berserker sphere or even just a stim pack, what happens?

Creaphis said:

Monsters cannot pick up items.

While it's not vanilla behaviour both DeHacked and Decorate support "item pick-up" flags. DDF supports pickups for bots. Most of the examples I've read about are using bots and the pickup does nothing more than deprive the player of an item. Some additional scripting could cause monsters to drop items when killed.

Well, monsters can also trigger more lines in other ports, but the question seemed to be about vanilla capability so I didn't want to complicate things. I didn't know that DeHackEd could let monsters take items, though. Are there notable wads that use this?

Creaphis said:

Are there notable wads that use this?

Maybe Wheel of Time (wotdoom3), but you'd need to check that.