Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SirTimberWolf

Watcher Rove (low poly model)

After a forced 2 month severence from my computer I've kind of atrophied in my modeling skills but I'm trying to get back into it. I figured I'd start with a model based on a story I'm messing with.

The basic idea is a post apoc setting where zombies rule the earth. Some people have been infected with a mutated strain of the virus that gives them abilities such as being able to set fire to things and even heal wounds. However it also kills them more quickly, etc etc. . . I digress.

Anyway. I'm aiming for about 2k polys w/a gun and a melee weapon and any accessories. The ones on there already are temporary except for the belt thing.

I'd -really- appriciate any feedback and thanks for looking!

http://img227.imageshack.us/my.php?image=watchertm0.jpg

Nice weapon model!

I could really use one of those for my Battlezone 2 mod......is it alright if I do?

If not, oh well, but it would add a bunch of "coolness," if you will, to the mod. ^_^

The boots seem a bit oversized, but, other than that, the body looks good to me--nice job!

The boots aren't all that proportional to the rest of the body. Overall, they're just too clunky looking, and would probably affect the quality of any walking/running animations.

MmM said:

The boots seem a bit oversized, but, other than that, the body looks good to me--nice job!

They struck me as oversized in a nice stylized way, so they won't look too big as long as the rest of the finished product matches.

Alrighty. Did some work on her but I need to take a nap before work. I think the coat could benefit from a few more folds as could the pants but I'm not sure it's going to be efficent enough in game to not bog down everything.

Hrm. Anyway, here's the updated screeny.

You definitely added a lot of polish/detail--it looks pretty snazzy now. Let's see some textures on her!

So I did a UV map and started blocking in some BASIC texture ideas. . . Thought I'd post it up as I can only imagine when I'll post again.

Starting from a practicly zero sum skillset with PSP. This is going to be fun. >.>

The coat is going to be this color but the pants/collar are definitely subject to change.

I don't know if it's just this computer or what, but the image is so dark you can barely see the model.

No I've been hearing that a lot. Dunno why it's so dark- my fault. Apologies!

So I started my first actual texture today. . .

I guess it's okay. But to be honest, I'm kind of. . . worn out. Took me forever to get even this result. Learning photoshop from scratch and then trying to do this.

Eh. Any comments/techniques would certainly be welcome.

I've been looking around for some tutorials but google is rather lackluster.

Started working on the legs today. It's taken almost 10 hours but here's what I've got.

(not complaining, just kind of surprised)

I still need to add seams to it and shadowing some more. But I'd really appriciate some crits.

Thanks in advance.