Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maes

Yahoo Answers

It's a valid question. Smashing the insect could result in spreading them. If it has it's egg sack currently filled you run the risk of rupturing it when squishing it.

But yah the guys a pussy.

I never got that... why do people completely flip the fuck out when they see a cockroach? It's not like it's some massive man eating insect intent on sucking all your organs out through your ear canal or anything like that. :\

Technician said:

House centipedes fuck me up. Glad I never encountered one before.

There's only one bug that bothers me... small spiders. I don't mind big spiders like tarantulas, but if it's a spider with spindly legs and a rather small body and near invisible head, I get nervous. I don't run around screaming for help like Freddy Krueger's chasing me and trying to yank my large intestines out through my ass, but I do back up a couple of feet. Of course... if it's a black widow I usually yell a string of profanity and try to get as far away from it as possible. Unless it's on me. Then I just pray that there's a hospital nearby. :P

No bugs or other small animals bother me. I tend to be comfortable even with stinging insects; if a wasp lands on me, instead of shooing it away, it's more likely that I'll spend a moment admiring its physical form and the evolutionary purpose of its reflexive twitches.

Creaphis said:

No bugs or other small animals bother me. I tend to be comfortable even with stinging insects; if a wasp lands on me, instead of shooing it away, it's more likely that I'll spend a moment admiring its physical form and the evolutionary purpose of its reflexive twitches.

I'm the same way with most bugs. However, I absolutely cannot stand dead insects or killing live ones and hearing them crunch or pop. Sends chills down my spine. I have an irrational fear of bug guts.

As such, any cockroaches or flies I find in my house get vacuumed or wadded in wet paper towels (without being crushed) and drowned down the sink.

I think Yahoo Answers is a trolling bonanza.

I often see questions like "OMG MY DOG IS DEHYDRATED ON THE FRONT LAWN AND GASPING FOR BREATH WHAT DO I DO"

Any one with the slightest ounce of intellegence would most likely refer to dialing 911 before making a post on yahoo answers.

We should consider ourselves lucky. If the asker's computer was in the bedroom we'd have been denied the opprtunity to laugh at them.

Technician said:

House centipedes fuck me up. Glad I never encountered one before.

I don't like finding bulldog ants in the house - they're agressive bastards.

DON'T MIND ME JUST PASSING THROUGH

I wish I could hate people to death over the Internet.

The last of the great hunter-gatherers return from yet another successful hunt.

EarthQuake said:

Christian Death Metal? Is that like an oxymoron or something?

Much like the "Kosher Pork" in Postal 2.

You guys know that probably a quarter or more are just people trying to outstupid each other. Hell, I'm a member of another forum that has competitions on who can make the most ridiculous topic on Yahoo Answers and not get it deleted.

Craigs said:

I never got that... why do people completely flip the fuck out when they see a cockroach? It's not like it's some massive man eating insect intent on sucking all your organs out through your ear canal or anything like that. :\

For me at least (and perhaps others) it's not the idea of the single solitary roach that's the problem - it's the idea that where there's one, there's more. Cockroaches rarely are alone and they breed quickly. They're filthy and spread disease. The idea that there could be more is what frightens me.

That and their speed - they're very fast and hard to catch sometimes.

esselfortium said:

*shoves you out of the way and steps forward*

they need to do way instain mother!

who kill thier babies, becuse these baby can't frigth back?

An additional note: Bees FUCK MY SHIT UP.

ohgodohgodohgodohgod

EarthQuake said:

I'm the same way with most bugs. However, I absolutely cannot stand dead insects or killing live ones and hearing them crunch or pop. Sends chills down my spine. I have an irrational fear of bug guts.

As such, any cockroaches or flies I find in my house get vacuumed or wadded in wet paper towels (without being crushed) and drowned down the sink.

Because causing a slow, painful death is easier!

I can't say I relish crushing them either, but I do what I have to do. Sometimes I'll try to release the bug outside, if I imagine that I can open a door without letting two more in.

Lich said:

Ha ha yeah, I do find that a little bit intimidating. Still not due to a phobia, but for this rational reason:

"the venom contains a neurotoxin called mandaratoxin which can be lethal to people who are not allergic if the dose is sufficient. Between 20 and 40 people die each year in Japan after being stung by giant hornets."

Edit: Here. Hold this.

Creaphis said:

Because causing a slow, painful death is easier!

I can't say I relish crushing them either, but I do what I have to do. Sometimes I'll try to release the bug outside, if I imagine that I can open a door without letting two more in.

Ha ha yeah, I do find that a little bit intimidating. Still not due to a phobia, but for this rational reason:

"the venom contains a neurotoxin called mandaratoxin which can be lethal to people who are not allergic if the dose is sufficient. Between 20 and 40 people die each year in Japan after being stung by giant hornets."

Edit: Here. Hold this.

Dude, back when I lived in Iowa we had CRAZY HUGE MOTHERFUCKING WASPS. Depending on where you live, you may have seen them. They're cicada killers. They can kill and fly with Cicadas. Easily as big as those huge ass hornets I just showed you. However, they're only intimidating due to their massive size. They're solitary wasps and typically only sting when caught in clothing/held, and their sting is less painful than that of a regular paper wasp.

GODDAMNIT

Of course, Tarantula Hawks are just as painful and just as scary as vespa mandarinia:

FUCK FUCK FUCK GET IT OFF GET IT OFF

For as much as I'm freaked out by bees (wasps and hornets in particular), they're absolutely fascinating to me.