Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maes

Yahoo Answers

Heh, reminds me of the time (like a month ago) when there was a growing wasp net in the balcony under the roof of the apartment. I checked Yahoo Answers and found a bunch of different answers but I just waited until nighttime and I smacked the crap outta it with a shoe; it fell into the ground floor lawn and later I cleaned it out with just-bought wasp/hornet repellent. The bunch of dead wasps are still on my balcony.

Lich said:

Dude, back when I lived in Iowa we had CRAZY HUGE MOTHERFUCKING WASPS. Depending on where you live, you may have seen them. They're cicada killers. They can kill and fly with Cicadas. Easily as big as those huge ass hornets I just showed you. However, they're only intimidating due to their massive size. They're solitary wasps and typically only sting when caught in clothing/held, and their sting is less painful than that of a regular paper wasp.

I remember a time when I was at work and heard a really loud thundering noise behind me, but it was so loud I mistook it for a motorcycle and ignored it. I kept hearing it pass behind me back and forth, but I still ignored it. Eventually I felt a very large thing crawling on the back of my head, and I knew what it was so swatted it off me, started yelling, and began trying to swat it to the ground. After a few seconds a cinderblock was thrown on top of it, which it survived, so I just started beating it with my foot.

I think what I fear the most about bugs is when they fly around and land on you. It's not necessarily the fact that it's a bug. It's generally the same reaction I get if anything were to think it was an appropriate time to just grab onto me, a spontaneous retort of "WTF GET OFF ME" and a swinging fist or two follows it up.

Mindless Rambler said:

I remember a time when I was at work and heard a really loud thundering noise behind me, but it was so loud I mistook it for a motorcycle and ignored it. I kept hearing it pass behind me back and forth, but I still ignored it. Eventually I felt a very large thing crawling on the back of my head, and I knew what it was so swatted it off me, started yelling, and began trying to swat it to the ground. After a few seconds a cinderblock was thrown on top of it, which it survived, so I just started beating it with my foot.

That kind of experience makes my skin crawl for hours. Ugh.

Honestly, I have an uneasy truce with bugs. I don't like them, but I don't like to mess with them even more, so we have an understanding - as long as the bugs don't mess with me, I'll leave them alone. Unless they're ants - ants have no respect for property rights whatsoever. You give ants an inch, and they'll take over your whole apartment.

The occasional house centipede, though - no problem, they understand their place, they know they're guests, and they tend to keep a low profile. Besides, I understand they kill spiders, which is good - I'm more wary of spiders because of the potential for biting.

Tarantula hawks are frighteningly dangerous. I recently read in Wikipedia that their stings are so painful that it gives you a paralyzing, heart-stopping feeling mixed with hellish and muscle-straining pain topped off with a deafening, bloodcurdling scream.

However, there is one insect that has the most painful sting/bite EVER, the feared bullet ant. Imagine the pain of the sting of the tarantula hawk, magnified 1000x and experienced every single second FOR 24 HOURS.

You know what's even more messed up? Crazy tribes use bullet ants as a object of rituals. Watch the video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGIZ-zUvotM&feature=related

Cutman said:

Honestly I think everyone should have seen this one at some point

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20060923202508AAKhUd3

Microsoft's putting that feature in the next windows. That, and a 3D printer, not to mention being able to cook your pizza and adding a portable George Foreman grill. Also, you can shrink and clone cats and create cute, little black holes.

No wonder Bill Gates is rich. He's a friggin' GENIUS!!!

Also...

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AvWxJXayt.uuMbYVanUwcWpJxQt.;_ylv=3?qid=20081123151005AAv8olR
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Ahz_PuWKkqtlkFPyYtgEUi1JxQt.;_ylv=3?qid=20081123151239AA7kDjd

[/EDIT] Removed the first two. Not funny enough.

Technician said:

House centipedes fuck me up. Glad I never encountered one before.

Dude, house centipedes are the best. They eat all the bugs that are actually not fun to have around. And their bite is completely harmless if you do happen to actually get bit by one.

I'm generally not squeamish about bugs, but the one thing that would fuck me up the most if I saw it is a camel spider I think.

Kid Airbag said:

Dude, house centipedes are the best. They eat all the bugs that are actually not fun to have around. And their bite is completely harmless if you do happen to actually get bit by one.

...aaand, if they are large enough, they can even take care of bigger pests.

DeumReaper said:

Heh, reminds me of the time (like a month ago) when there was a growing wasp net in the balcony under the roof of the apartment.

Dude, beating it with a shoe was stupid...even if the wasps couldn't see you at night, they could still be many left alive and kick you ass the next day :-S

Anyway, when I find those "paper" wasp nests, I just burn them down with a newspaper or flammable liquid. Those motherfuckers won't leave the nest while burning, they even come closer to it...closer to the fire. Wasp BBQ, FTW \o/