Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
herooftime1000

What do you believe in? (NOT religion.)

Do you believe in anything paranormal or downright ridiculous?

Personally, I believe that Succubi actually exist. I hear horror stories from a man in my church about his ex-wife. She always lay with another man, marries him, divorces takes his possessions, wash, rinse, repeat.

This woman is the very definition of a succubus to me. She takes money, happiness, and souls. What? Souls, too? Yeah, I believe so.

This is why I believe in succubi. My sister says I'm wrong when succubi exist. She may be right. But, I know succubi exist because I also know many ex-wives who do not act like this, my mom included. That's why I believe the money-sucking, heart-breakers are succubi.

And that's what I believe. What about you?

Doomworld is a wonderful place. Here, everyone is respected equally despite their beliefs, be they atheist or lunatic.

I believe that a giant invisable, inaudible beard in the sky made everything in seven days, planted giant reptiles in the ground to test our faith in him, sneaks around changing data from scientific experiments just to fuck with us, has angels swooping around the sky constantly watching us and informing Him whenever we masturbate.

Oh, and he's really bad with money, his chosen servants are a collection of pedophiles and scam artists, that fucking a man up the ass and ejaculating into his bowels is just and true cause for 1'000'000'000 years of torment in a big flaming cavern. Cause, you know, he loves us.

I beleive that once I die I get to go hang out with the big man Himself. Because I am almost as awesome as he is.

darknation said:

I believe that a giant invisable, inaudible beard in the sky made everything in seven days, planted giant reptiles in the ground to test our faith in him, sneaks around changing data from scientific experiments just to fuck with us, has angels swooping around the sky constantly watching us and informing Him whenever we masturbate.

Uh, I said NOT religious.

I believe that Santa can get to every house in one night by assuming multiple quantum states and being on every rooftop at once. And we aren't allowed to see him because, if we do, the superposition of states immediately collapses and he only exists at whatever place he was observed.

While I'm at it, God is both a wave and a particle.

StupidBunny said:

I believe that Santa can get to every house in one night by assuming multiple quantum states and being on every rooftop at once. And we aren't allowed to see him because, if we do, the superposition of states immediately collapses and he only exists at whatever place he was observed.

I like this explanation. I hope to see it in Santa Clause 4.

Not that I'm going to watch Santa Clause 4.

I believe that every Doom game ever played exists in its own alternate universe and the various .EXEs, source ports and other tools are merely portals that allow us to view and alter events in these alternate universes from our own.

Heh, I was actually thinking of starting a topic similar to this. There are a couple things I believe in that most people would think me crazy for thinking true, yet I believe them only because the facts tend to point me there.

First of all, I think Tom Grant's theories (and other related investigations) on Kurt Cobain's death are the truth.

Secondly, I pretty much sure that sasquatches really exist. Considering many forensic experts and primatologists (including Jane Goodall) agree, I don't think I'm too crazy. In fact, I think it's a little crazy that their existence hasn't been accepted by mainstream science yet, since there are hundreds of sightings every year and even DNA evidence. Usually when there's that much going for an undiscovered species, some scientific organization goes out to do research, but that hasn't actually happened (not in America at least, though one country in Southeast Asia is conducting a government-funded project). That's why grass-roots research organizations such as the BFRO have sprung up. Seriously, there is so much information on sasquatches that you could write a scientific book on their habits, diet, environment, etc.

All I wanna say is that 'what you beleive in' also qualifies as a religion. But before I saw this thread, I already made a similar post before I made this one. I really do beleive the world will end by 2012. And I hope I'm right.

I believe it's highly likely that all the shit we've been pumping into the atmosphere for the past 100 years is effecting the climate. I mean I'm crazy enough to listen to what most of the experts on the matter, climate scientists that is, are saying.

I believe the children are our future
Teach them well and let them lead the way
Show them all the beauty they possess inside
Give them a sense of pride to make it easier
Let the children's laughter remind us how we used to be

Puke

JohnnyRancid said...
the world will end by 2012.

Didn't people say stuff like this when 2000 was rolling around? Then a big load of nothing happened. My only question is how; Environment issues? The plague? Nuclear Fallout? Demons from Mars? I've heard people say the world would end but they would not give me a straight answer as to how so I find it hard to believe that something like that could happen.

Coopersville said:

I believe in intelligent life outside our own solar system, though it has never visited us.

I agree.

So, it could be a meteor or it could be the next step in human evolution...I don't know about this one.

I believe wars and their ilk are necessary to keep our rampant reproduction in check. One of nature's way, so to speak.

Lord_Z said:

Didn't people say stuff like this when 2000 was rolling around? Then a big load of nothing happened. My only question is how; Environment issues? The plague? Nuclear Fallout? Demons from Mars? I've heard people say the world would end but they would not give me a straight answer as to how so I find it hard to believe that something like that could happen.

I don't have, nor I need any evidence that the event will take place. I don't know what our demise will be, but I am sure we have only a finite amount of time left before we're done for. It's just something I believe in.

Enjay said:

It's some bollocks about the current calendar cycle as drawn up by the ancient Mayans coming to an end in 2012.

Maybe the Mayans couldn't be arsed to do anymore calendars after 2012. 2012 is a lot after all. :p

Lord_Z said:

You forgot John Titor.

Lord_Z said:

Sarah Palin will run for president and win.

I don't need to say any more.

I believe that this 2012 stuff is bullshit. However, I also believe that there will be some event during that year of some significance which all of these 2012 theorists will grab onto as proof that they were right all along. I believe that I will then facepalm strongly enough to shame Picard.

Coopersville said:

I believe in intelligent life outside our own solar system, though it has never visited us.

I believe that if intelligent life exists in this universe - it's not on Earth!

The only thing I believe is I need another gun....

i believe that i hold no definite beliefs. i believe that 2012 world ending is bullshit, i think that (many) scientists speculations on global warming are bullshit and its just a natural cycle that the earth goes through. i also believe that old wives tales are a load of shit, especially with a child weight lifting. it does not fuck up a child's growth or anything like that.