Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bryant robinson

Whats been going on lately in the Doom scenes?

Hey!
I have been MIA for the past 10 or so months(playing games and school work) and haven't been making posts. Also, my doom wad level making quotas has went down the crapper considerably. My question is, what has been going on here lately as far as major doom projects releases, new/old community members, and other changes these last 10 or so months? Where is Afterglow(creator of Crucified Dreams Death match)?

Bryant(Gunrock)Robinson

Welcome back! (Not that I remember you, unfortunately)

The one thing that I can say has been going on, which I only know cuz I'm involved, is the progression of Community Chest 4. I'm just guessing, but overall I'd say it's somewhere between 30-80% done (all maps averaged together). Or about halfway done, to put it more simply. And the deadline has been extended about 6 months.

You may be aware already, but legendary mapper Espi had to sacrifice an arm to avoid the spread of cancer (or something deadly and speadable). We are all saddened by it, but he still seems to be coping well and still hangs out here, and will hopefully continue mapping.

I haven't been aware of that many spectacular wads being released lately (there were a few but I forget their names). Genesis of Descent is one good wad that I remember from about 10 months ago.. If anyone else has better memory/awareness than me feel free to fill in anything I neglected to mention.

Probably the most significant thing to happen in the last 10 months is that the source code to Heretic and Hexen was relicensed under the GPL by Raven.

I will mention that a new set of 1024 maps is well underway, being overseen by Mechadon..

Roll on "Claustrophobia 1024".

I made a level and released it 73 days ago: Rivers Of Death (ZDoom recommended), enjoy!

EDIT:

bryant robinson said:

I have been MIA for the past 10 or so months

Hey, what does MIA mean? I didn’t find it here...

its more of a military acronym "Missing in Action (Doom)"

CC3 came out last year, Deus Vult II came out this year and a community Heretic megawad is in the works.

Oh and I'm back to some effect, slowly but surely getting my Hexen megawad done.

Stuff for Doom, Heretic AND Hexen? I need my own computer again.

Someone who was able to map very fast decided to make a Plutonia-like megawad in a few months all by himself, only to disappear off doomworld in shame after having a little leadership conflict on a 1024x1024 community project he also was supposed to run. Note that his said Plutonia-like megawad had reached well over 50% of completion, but now it stays here just like any one-man project. No miracles here. Potential cacoward gone, therefore.

Dark Plutonia is complete, i spoke with death-destiny myself, i asked him to freaking upload it to idgames, he said he will do it and he still didn't when we talked 2 weeks ago, he tried to hide the fact that he ran away because of drama ;)

It's the idgames database review system that Death-Destiny doesn't like - who can forget the drama that erupted after The Beesong was uploaded. I'd give Death-Destiny's site a total makeover if it'd hasten Dark Plutonia's release.

Back on topic - The /newstuff Chronicles are back with a review submission centre if you want to get involved.