Smoker/Non Smoker?

What do you smoke?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. What do you smoke?

• Tobacco
    • Other
    • All of the above
    • Nothing

The question is simple, just trying to get an idea of the number of Doomworld regulars partake in this habit.

I actually did smoke for awhile, but then my ex found out about it and threatened to leave me if I didn't stop. I loved her a lot, so naturally I did. The funny thing is, she broke up with me a few months later over "a lack of communication"

I'm interested in trying just about everything, but I fear addictions so I try to limit myself as much as possible.

Some stoner kid around the neighborhood bought me a pack once when I was 14. I smoked the whole thing in about a week. He was never around and it was almost impossible to reach him again, so I started finding old ciggarette butts that people didnt finish on the sides of curbs and in ash trays. It took me a couple days to realize how dirty it was and I dropped the habit from there.

I still bum a cig once in a while in parties if people offer, but I don't smoke regularly.

I don't smoke. I've had a couple cigars awhile back and some pot back in high school. That sums it up.

Cigarette smoke has no appeal to me what so ever and the price up here in Canada is ridiculous. And that’s not to mention all the chemicals.

I've never smoked tobacco before, and never will despite pretty much everyone I know being a smoker. I've smoked pot a few times. I still voted "nothing" though.

I don't smoke tobacco (never tried it past "second-hand smoke"), and I don't smoke other stuff regularly... only very occasionally at parties and the like.

Danarchy said:
I still voted "nothing" though.

I guess that means we voted differently for more or less the same thing. I bet that may happen during elections... people thinking the same thing about different candidates.

AndrewB said:
I don't smoke and I feel obstinately superior to anyone who has.

I used to have that problem, and people who used to smoke but don't anymore can get even worse.

I smoke ganja regularly, and have tried many tobacco products (cigarettes, cigars, cloves, hookah). I really hate cigarettes, however. Nicotine is a terrible drug. I guess my mom smoking when I was a kid got me to dislike it the most. I used to hold my breath when I walked by or when she would smoke in the car...ugh!

I'm actually surprised, and proud, of the number of non-smokers seen here...

Craigs said:

I actually did smoke for awhile, but then my ex found out about it and threatened to leave me if I didn't stop. I loved her a lot, so naturally I did. The funny thing is, she broke up with me a few months later over "a lack of communication"

Ouch.

Anyway, the closest thing to me smoking ever is sticking one of the Pocky sticks in my mouth that my friend brought to school one day.

Creaphis said:

Never a single drag of anything.

^This, and damn proud of it. I'm perfectly fine with others smoking whatever the hell they want. After all, it is their decision and it's not the duty of somebody else to tell them what to do (Which is why I find those anti-smoking ads ridiculous. Smokers decided to start on their own free will, and are most likely fully aware of the consequences.). It's just something I have absolutely no interest in at all.

good to see that at least 25 doomworld forumites are concerned about their health. on that note, as a smoker, what is the best way to quit?

I did smoke for a year or so then I quit. Still smoke the green every day though!

Espi said:

Why would I pay someone to fuck up my lungs?

Best response so far.

I find smoking utterly repulsive so the answer is an obvious 'nothing'.

Espi said:

Why would I pay someone to fuck up my lungs?

Worst response so far. I suppose you spend your days in a clean room and refrain from any activity that is even remotely potentially dangerous or unhealthy.

Patrick Pineda said:

good to see that at least 25 doomworld forumites are concerned about their health. on that note, as a smoker, what is the best way to quit?

A morphine drip worked for me.

Non-smoker, nor have I smoked before. I've thought about it, but never been tempted enough to do so. If I did, I would rather hand roll my own. It's not any better, but whatever.

myk said:

I guess that means we voted differently for more or less the same thing. I bet that may happen during elections... people thinking the same thing about different candidates.

Yeah, I've always thought that was kind of a "problem" with any kind of multiple choice questionnaire, including voting. A person who can't find the middle ground they agree with will often go with whichever they think best represents their opinion. Two people who might share pretty much the same opinion and even agree in discussion over the issue might end up voting entirely differently. I especially hate those surveys where the only options are "Disagree", "Somewhat Disagree", "Somewhat Agree" and "Agree". I mean, there's no damn option for neutrality there. I guess you could skip it, but I'm an obsessive completer.

Anyway, saying I smoke pot is kind of like saying a Catholic who only has wine at communion drinks. Of course, the average Catholic probably has communion far more often that I've ever smoked pot. Also, I don't do it entirely for religious reasons. :P But I think you get my point.

Bucket said:

Worst response so far. I suppose you spend your days in a clean room and refrain from any activity that is even remotely potentially dangerous or unhealthy.

What a pile of crap!

He said 'paying' - as in you already get enough pollutants for free without having to increase their dosage by something you have to buy.