Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Liam

Explorer sucks. Repent!

However I wasn't saying anything about Linux as an operating system. I was simply saying that some window managers for use with X windowing system (which is quite often used on Linux, but not limited to it) are better than Microsoft Windows window manager ("Explorer"). Which they are.

Yeah, Linux sucks. No one should use it. It's simply stupid to use linux when you have Windows - after all, not many people use DOS (and brag about it).

No one who can afford an OS should use it anyway. It is pretty useless if you already have a recent copy of Windows. Linux is usually about three or four years behind the latest official Windows in terms of speed and features, which is kind of odd really.

Linux users are immature teenage boys with nothing to do, who call themselves "hax0rs" and will probably never have sex.

And poor people. And people that have been burned by Microsoft so badly they'll do anything to avoid using their software, avoiding even Macs.

Damn dude, usually I can't agree with anything you say. =P

...wait, were you being a smartass? Oh well, so long as you said something intelligent.

My actual opinion is that Linux is an OS for programmers, and also for people who like computers - not DOING something with them, like playing games or browsing the internet, but just screwing around with them. The latter are also called "geeks" :)

Windows, while very good for games, internet and shit, doesn't let people "screw around" with the computer. With linux you have almost absolute freedom. Of course there's always the price to pay - lack of commercial software and the sometimes cumbersome interface and environment.

I.e. if you are not a geek - don't bother trying to use linux.

What's so fun about "screwing" with your computer? I see it as a medium to operate the programs I like, not the hobby's focus.

*shrug* Some people like screwing around with cars, some with computers... Some with 3D modelling programs :)

Different people like different things.

That's the problem, why you people "USE" operating systems? What you're looking in them? More advanced ways to copy/paste? More checkboxes on your driver's properties?