Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doom Marine

HOKUTO no Cathedral!

printz said:

If he dropped the constraints of vanilla and chocolate mapping, then his map wouldn't have been anything special.

I dunno about you but I thought Crucified Dreams, Blackrock, and Eternal Doom 4 were pretty special.

esselfortium said:

I dunno about you but I thought Crucified Dreams, Blackrock, and Eternal Doom 4 were pretty special.

Crucified Dreams is an important part of my documentation.
This excellent WAD certainly gave me the most inspiration for texture capability in Doom, while the epic DVII offered me a vision of Doom non limited architecture capacity.

Any "bad" comment about my map ?... Please be really bashing, that'll help to rapidly progress in this work.

esselfortium said:

...Crucified Dreams...

Most instructive parts :
MAP 04 : Architecture X1300 Y400
MAP 04 : Architecture X295 Y-1100
MAP 07 : Lights
MAP 12 : Lights
MAP 13 : Lights, colors
MAP 17 : Flame pots
MAP 19 : Windows HY_ADL08
MAP 21 : Tainted glasses
MAP 23 : Main architecture
MAP 26 : Light over sword, marble floor
MAP 27 : Main architecture, tainted glasses
MAP 28 : Vitrals, broken vitrals
MAP 29 : Wood bridge X-200 Y650
MAP 30 : Grid, lanterns
MAP 37 : 45° iron bars OLA_W9_1 OLA_W9_2
MAP 40 : Marble stairs
MAP 41 : Lights
MAP 98 : Progressive light
MAP 99 : Snow effect

iceman57 said:

Crucified Dreams is an important part of my documentation.
This excellent WAD certainly gave me the most inspiration for texture capability in Doom, while the epic DVII offered me a vision of Doom non limited architecture capacity.

Any "bad" comment about my map ?... Please be really bashing, that'll help to rapidly progress in this work.

DVII was certainly my primary drive to start higher quality mapping. Although I've only released one map I've many sitting in the dark waiting for my permission to come up and get used again.

Skills are progressing each day, version 65 done, about to duplicate the saint sacrement chapel and the 3 east side chapels.
As I've to earn time for my thesis, I had many discussions with various mappers and players, here is the bottom line :

Present :
I'll make exclusively the Vanilla version compliant with Doom and Doom2.
Mapping will follow its way at my own speed and relayed on 3 major information networks :
- Doomworld
- Communaute Francaise de Doom
- Wads in progress

Comments, e-mails, MSN chat are welcome, especially bad comments to seek the failures and bugs (as the step ones on benches...) or ideas from people knowing the original monument.
There's no announced ETD because of other private coming events (my 80 pages thesis rules).

Future :
Once released, "Eternus" that followed the tests since the beginning will handle the Vanilla non-limit job on GZDOOM by duplicating the missing architectures from the Vanilla ones (I'll of course communicate him all my current photographies and floorplan documentation).

If "Eternus" decides to pimp the monument with any various other element or decoration or ambiance or anything else, I've no problem with it as it would be an artistic work from his own mind.
"Eternus" will get assistance from "MW9" that offers gameplay testing feedbacks and from "Selfdestructboy" that offers MIDI music.