Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMikE

DooM3 mods anybody?

Hi.

I´ve played thru both DooM3 and the expansionpack Resurrection of Evil a few times now and pretty much know what to expect around that next corner, so i was wondering...

Aren´t there any "> decent" doom3 mods out there you would recommend to others? Maybe with a shortish description on gameplay etc.?
They´re much harder to come by than your ole doom 1+2 wads and mods and unlike them, there´s not too many threads here pushing them, and they´re fewer(obviously) and seems to be scattered all over the net...

So, here´s my recommended pick: (needs to have RoE installed)

Fragging Free: http://www.moddb.com/mods/fragging-free

(Anybody remembering the 28 or 56K dial-up connections might call it a whapping 657.65Mb DL, but in these broadband times, it´s well worth the 15 minutes wait. Imho)

This mod is “Not Very Doomy” i guess, but then some think that DooM3 is "NVD"...

Allrightythen. You have an option to take a tutorial and that´s probably a good idea, since:

You´d better learn to master the bullet-time function to gather health from kills, as health powerups are few and far between and hone your dodging skills while you´re at it...
You can drive a vehicle and better be shooting straight as you go.
You can (and will have to) possess monsters (in game) and learn their different combat characteristics.

When that is said and done you can expect: (+?)10 maps containing “high ceilings” and impressive architechture and details, a veritable shitload of different armament, numerous new foes/reworked ones (new attacks/movement/AI) and a few friendly fraggers, pretty hard and faster gameplay, secrets (they´re back!), medals for special kills and map-statistics...

Hope this is posted in the correct forum. I thought of "wads and mods" but then decided against it, cause this is doom3!

Enjoy(?!)...

Edit: Oh, forgot to mention the Warrior- and Boss fights...

The only decent mod out there for doom3 is the one that removes gibbing zombies/dissolving demons.

Oh, and Doom3 Classic.

Edward850 said:

The only decent mod out there for doom3 is the one that removes gibbing zombies/dissolving demons.

Oh, and Doom3 Classic.

lol

Hi, I made this thread some time ago this year, so feel free to try the mentioned levels out! Maybe you want to tell us what’s your favorite of this short list? Enjoy!

I personally didn´t care too much for that classic doom mod...infact i´d much rather play the original.

That anti-dissolving of deadites mod...mjaaadunno if that´ll enhance my doom playing experience all that much. If there was some random monster placement mod though...

But that´s your pick and opinion and cudos for that! ;)

Deeforce> Missed that completely, but will surely have a looksee - thanks!

Tetzlaff wrote: Bloodrayne´s Ultimate Mod has a randomized respawning system

Now that sounds interresting! Thnx! I just DL´d it.

Was there ever a no gibbing mod for Resurrection of Evil? putting no gibbing mods for doom 3 into Resurrection of Evil makes it act up

Only Doom 3 mod I'm still following is Doom 3: Phobos! I still have Doom 3 installed just for that.

The only problem with the no gibbing mod the last time I used made it impossible to kill the cyberdemon at the end due to needing to charge the Soul Cube up and using it on him a few times.

The other one I like is the infighting mod, which allows classic Doom infighting to occur...that's one thing that disappointed me about Doom3 was the lack of monster-monster infighting...higher "rank" will attack lower "rank" monsters but not vice versa.