Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomGater

HAPPY Birthday, DOOM!

Today, DOOM is 15 years old.

Congratulation to DOOM and it's creators, especially the unbelievable one an only Mr. John Romero!!

Anybody here for a big, fat fraggin' party?

Yup, Happy Birthday you old git!

Looking forward to many more happy Dooming years. Cockroaches, Keith Richards, and Doom are all that'll be left when the world ends!

A party sure sounds nice! I guess DOOMers all over the globe will celebrate in their own way, and noone will be able to attend them all (wild assumption). I'd suggest to keep some sort of record (videos, pictures) of whatever you do to celebrate, and having them merged and edited, so we have a clear record of what happened when DOOM turned 15.

Happen Bifdeh Duum!

*hands out extra-special, Caco-shaped birthday cookies*

15 years old...it's really something that people are still around to celebrate the birthday of a video game this old. Just awesome :D

It's really hard to believe It's been so long.

I remember my dad buying our first PC back in about 1995... the guy who built it put the shareware version of doom on it... I never would have thought that all these years later I would still be playing this game.

Damn, since this game is finally going through puberty, does that mean the next couple years Doom is going to become a major pain in the ass? Just think about "sweet" sixteen. I feel like my hair is already falling out.

Doom2.net title page is updated with hm.... an acknowledgement of this event.

15 years, geezzzzzzzzzzz

Doctor Faust said:

Yeah. To celebrate, I will try to do an E1 nightmare run tonight... Guess I will totaly screw up before reaching E1M4 :p

Doc Faust

The secret exit is much easier than the regular one if you know what you're doing, in my opinion.

Spleen said:

The secret exit is much easier than the regular one if you know what you're doing, in my opinion.

I agree. But iirc E1M9 sucks on nightmare skill.

Doc Faust