Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grimm

Any more features for 15 Years?

I gotta be honest, I'm a little disappointed that all that's happening for Doom's 15th birthday is the Cacoawards. Are we planning on doing anything else? I'd be more than happy to write up an article on the 15 best WADs you've never played.

Patrick and I wrote an entire article about the best 10 wads of the year with the help of several community members. What did you do?

Grimm said:

I'd be more than happy to write up an article on the 15 best WADs you've never played.

The potential of 15 little known but very cool new wads to play? Heh. This article would be a welcome addition to the party.

I'll write up a piece about the top ten wads that don't and never will exist.

A few of them are my pipe-dream projects.

I probably should have saved my Doom Historic series that I made months ago until this occasion.

Damn.

UDMX. RELEASE. DON'T JUST CELEBRATE 15 YEARS OF DOOM, CELEBRATE 10 YEARS OF UNIDOOM. TYPE IN CAPS.

3 DAYS TO PLAY. 3 WAYS TO SLAY.

THURS, DEC 25 - UDMX RELEASE PARTY - PLAY IT FIRST ON ODAMEX
FRI, DEC 26 - RETURN OF FRIDAY NIGHT FRAGNIGHT. SKULLTAG. ENJOY IT.
SAT, DEC 27 - HAVE A ZDAEMON SESSION. US/EURO. IT'LL BE FUN.

PLAYING DOOM HAS NEVER BEEN MORE FUN.

I thought more people would release maps or something, but then I didn't release anything either, so meh.

DooMAD said:

I thought more people would release maps or something, but then I didn't release anything either, so meh.

Its a great idea though.

DooMAD said:

Ugh welcome to the club. I had started a 15 Years of Doom map but never finished. 2008 has been a really slack year for me and editing stuff. :/ I need new batteries or something.

I killed some pigs (average players) on skulltag servers as an offer to DOOM.

Grimm said:

I gotta be honest, I'm a little disappointed that all that's happening for Doom's 15th birthday is the Cacoawards. Are we planning on doing anything else?

Maybe... Let the demo recording of the cacowards winners just begin! It would be good, if we had one source port for it. I recommend ZDoom 2.2.0, it is very good for demo records. Just upload speed demos here or “just for fun“ demos here. Anyone interested? I cannot do a demo record soon, because I’m busy with real life...

Grimm said:

I'd be more than happy to write up an article on the 15 best WADs you've never played.

There are not 15 good wads that we don’t know, so forget it :-P !

Scuba Steve said:

Patrick and I wrote an entire article about the best 10 wads of the year with the help of several community members. What did you do?

I reviewed 120 WADs in 30 days, in addition to the 280 I had already done in the past. How many did you review again? And how much content is there compared to 10 Years of Doom?

The antagonism in this community kills me. Shit man, I was going to actually buy Action Doom 2, but, well . . .

I planned to make a new Doom comic about 6 months ago for this, but I never really got it off the ground. :/

Grimm said:

I reviewed 120 WADs [...+...] 280

Hey cool, I did not review anything, I just listed them here and here. Can you send us a link to those reviews please? I want to spend more time with doom topics, yeah.... being a yellow-billed stork :-P !

They'll all be up soon enough. GreyGhost and I plan to have the site launched by the end of month.

EDIT: Though just a list could be thrown up easily enough.

Domain name's registered. I'm writing Web host names on scraps of paper and tossing them into a large hat. When that's done I'll blindfold myself and pick one out - just kidding.

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." - Douglas Adams