Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tormentor667

[Multiplayer] Realm667 - Re-Releases!!! [READ 1ST POST AGAIN!]

IMPORTANT NOTICE
Because of some unforseen DoomBuilder buggyness, there was a little bug in TNT03A1 that made it unplayable. Please redownload the "utnt-v105.zip" if you have already done that before as I won't change version numbers because of that (let's hope that there haven't been already too many downloads ;)) Sorry for that!

Okay guys, to make things short, I will just copy and paste parts of my news announcement over at Realm667.com:

Yeah, after working, enhancing, testing, communicating and improving for about 3 months, I am proud to announce 3 titles that finally got revamped to work perfect with our favorite multiplayer client/server sourceport: Skulltag!

To be more precise, these are the titles I am talking about :

he first title I want to mention is "UTNT Invasion". People running servers have always had little problems with the performance, network lag and missing packages due to the particle generators. The fix was pretty minor and introduced by Ghastly Dragon as far as I know, I just put it into the wads themselves, improved some other little bugs and packaged the project for the re-release, now at v1.05.

The second one - and I am really happy that this beast finally runs on Skulltag as I have spent so many time to make it even coop-compatible - is nothing less than the Ultimate Torment & Torture itself. Also with the help of Ghastly Dragon, all the particle spawners, visual actor generators and everything else that's only there for your clientside-pleasure has been - you guessed it - clientsided and doesn't affect network traffic at all. As a result, the mod runs like a little kitten, even the system power that is necessary to run UTNT lag-free in single player has been reduced - v1.05

Last but not least, I have a little surprise for you and that's about the improved title number 3: "The City of the Damned - Apocalypse". Yes, I really did it and finally improved gameplay and made the whole mod multiplayer compatible. Special thanks goes to Jekyll Grim Payne who actually initiated this re-release, made countless gameplay fixes and finally forced me to improve several other things as well for the v1.2 ME you can get now and that I am 100% pleased with (and so I hope you are).

At the moment, one server is running an old version of UTNT:Invasion but I will try to contact the maintainer to update. Another server runs the UTNT-RC2 of v1.05 but I already told him to update the 97E testserver for this. And hopefully a TCotD:A server will open soon if someone is willed to give it a try :) Other than that, have fun playing the re-releases and please let me know if you find any bugs.

One important thing is as follows:

By the way, some of the files need the latest SVN builds or even the internal builds of GZDoom and Skulltag so make sure to get these before you start to play. Other than that, have fun with the updates Zwinkernd

You can get the latest build of GZDoom here: http://svn.drdteam.org/gzdoom/
You can get the latest Skulltag build which is necessary for the public test server for UTNT here: http://skulltag.com/testing/files/builds/97e/SkullDev97E-1777windows.zip
You can get the updated files here: http://www.realm667.com/

IMPORTANT NOTICE
Because of some unforseen DoomBuilder buggyness, there was a little bug in TNT03A1 that made it unplayable. Please redownload the "utnt-v105.zip" if you have already done that before as I won't change version numbers because of that (let's hope that there haven't been already too many downloads ;)) Sorry for that!