Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
999cop

image tags will be disabled again in the next couple hours...

it might be risky posting this in the meantime when ling and everyone else are watching, but I'd still like to discuss and hear out everyone's opinions. Do you really still like to have image tags kept enabling? if so, then why do some people abuse with the expediency once it's kicking back again?

Ling: yes, I understand the point that you don't like images but I just wanna see how's everyone's reactions to this.

Images rock.

They're an excellent way to communicate. If they were disabled if because an/some idiot(s) ruined it in the first place. And IF we're abusing of them right now is because this is a limited offer.

If you left the img tags going on for about a month no one would care anymore. They would be used for :

1) Funney Remark.
2) Shot of a level in progress.
3) The special something when moderators edit stupid posts.

That's it. I don't even want them in sigs.

Images rock.

They're an excellent way to communicate. If they were disabled if because an/some idiot(s) ruined it in the first place. And IF we're abusing of them right now is because this is a limited offer.

If you left the img tags going on for about a month no one would care anymore. They would be used for :

1) Funney Remark.
2) Shot of a level in progress.
3) The special something when moderators edit stupid posts.

That's it. I don't even want them in sigs.

I totally agree with you. Images are very useful when used properly.

However, it's too easy to abuse them. One word: smileys.

Thank God Ling disabled the smilies the very first day of this forum. Those were annoying.

I've been looking at Vbulletin and seems like there's no good way to regulate image sizes/dimensions. Or quantity per reply/thread.

I don't see a good automatic way to handle this. What I do know is that Lüt and I are always here. It's not like someone's gonna set in fire this forum.

you can alweys provide a link to an image, but sometimes that doesn't provide the same punch an image being displayed in the same window would.

I wonder how that looks like in IE.

Like a bunch of little red X's.

If they were disabled if because an/some idiot(s) ruined it in the first place.

Heh, I think Jeremy might have had something to do with that.

I wonder how that looks like in IE.

Like a bunch of little red X's.

If they were disabled if because an/some idiot(s) ruined it in the first place.

Heh, I think Jeremy might have had something to do with that.

Reol, if I'm not mistaken, was the reason image tags were disabled.

That masturbating imp had nothing to do with it, then? If I were an admin, that sure as fuck would be a step in the direction of disabling image tags.

you can alweys provide a link to an image, but sometimes that doesn't provide the same punch an image being displayed in the same window would.

It's a lot faster to have pictures shown on the page directly than clicking on each links to open each one of the pictures. I hope you can relate what I'm talking about when you try to imagine how easy it would be.

Actually, I'd rather save page-load time by just posting links to the pics. That way, if I don't want to see the pic, I don't have to wait ten minutes for the whole page to load.

That masturbating imp had nothing to do with it, then? If I were an admin, that sure as fuck would be a step in the direction of disabling image tags.

Reol posted a shiteload of rotten.com dead bodies, IIRC. I wasn't aware that Jeremy did anything of taht sort.

I think Jeremy's stuff was last November or December. That might have been before you arrived here.

Why in the blue fuck the IMG tags were working back then anyway? That was when I only visited the Doom3 forum, so I'm not aware of the response in here.

I think img tags are a cool thing, even in sigs, as long as they aren't huge or obscenely distracting. For instance, I use imgs in my sigs on Newdoom and Doomcenter. All they are are those gamerjargon banners, and they aren't too distracting.

I've been looking at Vbulletin and seems like there's no good way to regulate image sizes/dimensions. Or quantity per reply/thread.

Well, that's what I'm for :P

Actually, I'd rather save page-load time by just posting links to the pics. That way, if I don't want to see the pic, I don't have to wait ten minutes for the whole page to load.

Actually the software shows the text before requesting the images.

You could always use an images/avatars on/off option in the user profiles.

??? Not that I've noticed...

I've seen ridiculous images on image-tag enabled forums too often.

Having watched these forums (and a few other forums on other webpages) for a long time, I know that there are too many people who'd abuse it (imagine someone like Username showing up, who knew how to make image-tags!).

So I think Ling's "Christmas present" was a nice surprise, but it's good that image-tags aren't permanently enabled.

the most impressive and remarkable shots ive ever seen and remembered in this forum was back in the time when team reborn was still active. I loved those shots that David King posted. They were some new imp skins they made for the new doom, or Quake3. I don't know what exactly it was for. However, it was very suitable in the forum the way he used image tags to post pictures of his/his team's creations. I'v missed it.