Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stickguy5000

Freaking out for Plutonia 2!!! And something different

Just looked at the website and found out that they're almost done (even though I could've found that out on the front page of doomworld.) I keep giving imaginary highfives to teamTNT. Gah so excited I can crap myself.

Topic 2: Rumor has it between me and several other doom fans I know have been talking and one of them mentioned a pack being released retail. This pack contains remakes of doom and doom2 however they have zdoom features, meaning they actually have full cutscenes instead of just text. Is my friend pulling my big toe or is this true.

stickguy5000 said:

Topic 2: Rumor has it between me and several other doom fans I know have been talking and one of them mentioned a pack being released retail. This pack contains remakes of doom and doom2 however they have zdoom features, meaning they actually have full cutscenes instead of just text. Is my friend pulling my big toe or is this true.

Maybe you're thinking about KDIZD?

stickguy5000 said:

I keep giving imaginary highfives to teamTNT.

The original Plutonia wasn't made by TeamTNT, but by the Casali brothers, and this project is not an official TeamTNT release either. (Are there even any members in common?)

stickguy5000 said:

Action Doom 2 is for sale, but that's something else entirely.

Creaphis said:
(Are there even any members in common?)

With...?

For there to be anything in common between the Casali brothers and the PL2 team, at least one of those brothers would have to participate.

If you mean whether there are any TNT members in the PL2 team, no.

The Casali brothers were part of TeamTNT, though, and they participated in TNT: Evilution.

I meant that there were no members in common between the Plutonia 2 team and TeamTNT.

Yeah, when I was looking at TeamTNT's member list earlier I was surprised to see the Casali brothers there. Were they already part of TeamTNT during their Plutonia work?

Creaphis said:
Were they already part of TeamTNT during their Plutonia work?

Their Plutonia work occurred during and after Evilution was pretty much finished, so most likely.

If I've read correctly, what occurred is that id stumbled upon TNT when it was nearly done and made a deal with TeamTNT (of which the brothers were part). Additionally, the Casali brothers sent a WIP of Plutonia to American McGee or someone, and the id guys said "awesome, finish this and we'll include it with Evilution in the package".

stickguy5000 said:

Rumor has it between me and several other doom fans I know have been talking and one of them mentioned a pack being released retail. This pack contains remakes of doom and doom2 however they have zdoom features, meaning they actually have full cutscenes instead of just text. Is my friend pulling my big toe or is this true.

Could be done as a licenced product though I'd say the rumour's just wishful thinking.

myk said:

Their Plutonia work occurred during and after Evilution was pretty much finished, so most likely.

If I've read correctly, what occurred is that id stumbled upon TNT when it was nearly done and made a deal with TeamTNT (of which the brothers were part). Additionally, the Casali brothers sent a WIP of Plutonia to American McGee or someone, and the id guys said "awesome, finish this and we'll include it with Evilution in the package".

That sounds about right. It clarifies how Evilution became one of doomworlds top 10 infamous.

Iirc I read somewhere that it was a beta version of map32 "Go 2 it" they sent to id.

Torn said:
Iirc I read somewhere that it was a beta version of map32 "Go 2 it" they sent to id.

I'm very skeptical about that because that map is just a hack of Petersen's Entryway. I think it was a set of 7 levels or so.