Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Udderdude

DNF 2008 Wallpaper (Official)

I love how they all look photorealistic yet still look like something the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles would fight.

Fredrik said:

Look photorealistic? WTF?

Look I couldn't tell the truth: they still look like villians from a bad 80s cartoon, no matter how much bloom you put on them. :P

Fredrik said:

Look photorealistic? WTF?

More like UNREAListic, am I right?

THIS IS THE NEXT GENERATION OF VIDEOGAMES. IT HAS BLOOM. SHIELD YOUR EYES.

design wise, these are good. Updating the cartoony, tongue in cheek villians from duke 3D was going to be tricky, but they've managed to make good models without abbandoning the original design ethos of the originals.

Only :( from me is the lack of LAPD body armour on the pigcop. How sad.

I was expecting to see a new batch of characters to be protagonists in this installment. I thought the ass kicking in Duke 3D pretty much ended the alien’s plans for world domination.

At least they stayed away from any of the third party duke characters such as the "city slickin' lizards" from Zero Hour.

BlackFish said:

I really like these monster designs for some reason.

The octobrain isn't doing it for me.

On one hand, I'm dissapointed that they're not using a new batch of enemies, considering he fought different villains in Duke Nukem 1 and 2. On the other hand, motherfucking OCTOBRAINS. Of course, this is assuming the game actually comes out.

BlackFish said:

I really like these monster designs for some reason.

As I said before. I think it all looks a wee bit too much like Gears of War. A bit of color would easily help with that though.

Creaphis said:

This Duke Nukem game is taking... Forever!

Ha ha! Nobody's made that joke yet, right?

I've been hearing that joke like... Forever!

What's the bet there's yet another engine change - meaning everything that's been done to date is scrapped - and DNF is released as a Roguelike? I suppose that's still better than DNF being a (*)DNF.

(*) Did Not Finish.

GreyGhost said:

DNF is released as a Roguelike?

Oh hell yes. Roguelikes rule. Guess how many times I've beaten ADOM.

Actually, don't. It's kind of pathetic...

Creaphis said:

Oh hell yes. Roguelikes rule. Guess how many times I've beaten ADOM.

Actually, don't. It's kind of pathetic...

I've beaten ADOM about 40 times, but for some reason that doesn't seem like an especially high number to me. Roguelikes usually have a lot of replay value and it doesn't take a lot of time to beat them if you know what you're doing.

I remember Duke 3D being pretty colourful and cartoony, whereas these are grey as hell. This seems to be a common theme in the art direction of a lot of modern fps games, particularly those based on Unreal and Id tech, muted colours and a general lack of vibrancy all round. I don't like it, and I wish it would stop.

If this ever get released (don't laugh at me), wouldn't it need to sell a few millions before they get the money they spend on development?

LordK said:

I've beaten ADOM about 40 times, but for some reason that doesn't seem like an especially high number to me. Roguelikes usually have a lot of replay value and it doesn't take a lot of time to beat them if you know what you're doing.

Well okay then. My number's only around 11 or 12, so hats off to you.

Jonathan said:

I remember Duke 3D being pretty colourful and cartoony, whereas these are grey as hell. This seems to be a common theme in the art direction of a lot of modern fps games, particularly those based on Unreal and Id tech, muted colours and a general lack of vibrancy all round. I don't like it, and I wish it would stop.

Haven't you heard? Real is brown.