Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sonikku7

EDGE issue

Sorry if this has been addressed before, but I can not get music playback at all in EDGE. The opening theme plays, but once I load a level all I get is just the regular sound effects without music. Even if I switch the music playback options I get nothing. Running EDGE 1.31 on Vista if that helps.

By default EDGE uses the Windows MIDI synthesiser to play back DOOM music. I'm not sure if Vista still has it, maybe it needs to be enabled in a control panel somewhere?

Alternatively you can use the built-in synthesiser (Timidity). Instructions are in the README that comes with EDGE, see the "Timidity Music Support" section.

Vista still has it but I've been having problems with it since the start. It plays but I can't control the volume. It wouldn't surprise me if others had problems, too.

What sound card do you have? If it's a MIDI capable card it may also be a driver issue.

Downloading 8mbgmpat for timidity support seemed to fix it. Strange though, I've never had to do that for any other source port. Now I just can't seem to get QDoom to play it's music files.

---
"What sound card do you have? If it's a MIDI capable card it may also be a driver issue."

According to Device Manager, Realtek High Definition Audio.

Yeah, same for me. Vista system MIDI playback on that thing totally sucks. I'm not surprised that you are having problems.