Australian or English muffins?

Australian or English muffins?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Australian or English muffins?

• Australian
    • English
    • There\'s a difference?
    • I hate muffins

I have english muffins all the time. I've never heard of an Australian muffin. I'm also Australian.

Are you not talking about "Australian Toaster Biscuits"? Because I much prefer those over the (similar) English muffins. They're less spongy and taste better with butter.

"Australian Toaster Biscuits"? Am I the only Australian who's never heard of them?
They might be similar to a yeastless bread we know as Damper - only smaller.

GreyGhost said:

"Australian Toaster Biscuits"? Am I the only Australian who's never heard of them?

No you aren't the only Australian who has never heard of "Australian toaster biscuits." Though I would probably try some if I ever get the chance. Here's a thought... Maybe we should import some from the States.

Just on a side note, does McDonalds in the States sell "Aussie Burgers" by any chance? They sell those here.

Muffin the Mule

From the days when "Muffin the Mule" could be considered an innocent title for a kids show, and not a form of oral bestiality.

I'd vote for australian muffins because i'm australian, although i too have never heard of them or known of their existence.

Imp said:

What the fuck is an Australian muffin?

tubers93 said:

What the fuck is an Australian muffin?

Maes said:

The same thing as an English or American muffin, only baked by smiling, sun tanned guys with corked hats saying weird things like "G'day mate" and asking you some random stuff about putting some "shrimps on the barbie". Oh and sometimes they wear crocodile leather pants, too.

I'd also add that said smiling, tan guys also say "crikey" and have keep kangaroos as pets, instead of dogs.

Creaphis said:

You can't beat Canadian muffins.

What aboot them?

GreyGhost said:

I've known a lot of British people who didn't know what an English muffin is too. Kind of like how Hawaiians don't know what Hawaiian pizza is and Canadians don't know what Canadian bacon is and French don't know what French toast is.

They might be similar to a yeastless bread we know as Damper - only smaller.

That actually looks just like them.

What next? South African muffins? Colonial Indian muffins? Cypriot British Sovereign Zone muffins? Commonwealth muffins?

Danarchy said:

I've known a lot of British people who didn't know what an English muffin is too. Kind of like how Hawaiians don't know what Hawaiian pizza is and Canadians don't know what Canadian bacon is and French don't know what French toast is.

We have American Lemonade here... Its like old style lemonade that tastes like it has actual lemons in it. Really sweet and bitter at the same time.

And let's not forget liberty cabbage...although in Greece we are quick to use "Greek coffee" or "Byzantine Coffee" to indicate what the rest of the world calls Turkish Coffee.

Similarly, I've seen normal filter coffee being called "French coffee", "American Coffee", "German Coffee" etc. in Greece, Italy and Germany respectively :-p

Creaphis said:

So it seems that foods are only labeled with nationality outside of that nation.

Or from whatever nation is perceived for using them. E.g. Italians think that (mostly) Americans drink "that watered down coffee", Greeks think that filter coffee was brought/used by the French etc.

Creaphis said:

So it seems that foods are only labeled with nationality outside of that nation.

I think it's a backlash at the European Union's "Label of Origin Rules". :-)

stickguy5000 said:

If you take an english muffin some tuna and cheese toss them together throw it into the oven it's slam delich.

Yes this tastey to eat. Gotta love english muffins.

Creaphis said:

So there's no Chinese take out in China...

I'd miss Chinese take out if I had to live there.

Kyka said:

Yeah. A real disaster for the soy oil and soy sauce industry.

Kyka said:

I'd miss Chinese take out if I had to live there.

On the plus side, you'll get to experience the new treat of "bignose burgers."