Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
dsm

Doom Community story issues!

Ok I've decided to dedicate a new thread to discussing "problems" that might appear in the community story along the way, instead of that incessant interrupting of the actual story.

I'll start this thread with *one* issue:
BBG: Where did the character "You" appear from?

So far the characters are:
Russel
Kia
Colonel Boon and his troops
So where does "You" fit into the story ;)?

If you're going to contribute to the story, please pay attention to who the damn characters are, and refer to them through their names, ok?

And let's not go back to the "imp part", as this one was a "little" confusing and made little sense.

I oughta contribute to the story, but uhh... I don't think I'm patient enough to read through those 2 million pages :P

You is the name of the character that started out the story, in case you never read back. On that note, I've pretty much given up posting on the community story becasue of it's current chaotic situation.

The character you is the stories character through YOUR eyes.

It still seems a bit confusing to suddenly tell the story "through" Russel's eyes after consistently referring to the characters by their names, don't you think?

But since this was the way the story started then, umm, ok.

I oughta contribute to the story, but uhh... I don't think I'm patient enough to read through those 2 million pages :P

You don't necessarily have to read ALL the pages, just back to a little before Gooberman inserted Col. Boon. As might be seen from my above remark, I haven't read ALL pages myself(well, I HAVE, but it's a long time since I read the first pages).

I know I'd be happy to see the community story blossom again.

Right.
Perhaps I can dispel some confusion here.

The story is told in the second person present tense, meaning YOU are being told something that YOU do as YOU are doing it.

Somebody whose name I will not mention (Gooberman) mistakenly put Russel (You) and Kia in a part when colonel army man was put into the story. Colonel army man's (I forget his name) confusing tale was told in the third person present tense, meaning you (the gentle reader) heard about HIS actions as HE did them.
Russel and Kia's storyline coinciding with the storyline of Army Man was a mistake, and should be ignored as a part of the story (no offense to whoever did it).

Ok, so Russel IS the main character?
Seems like we'll have to shift between "you" and Russel (and occasionally tell the story from Col. Boon's point of view).

DSM - it's "O'Riordan", not "O'Ridoran". She's Irish.

Well, someone before me spelled it O'Ridoran. I'll go and correct it right away.

MACVILE_WHORE!!!
GET YOUR ASS OFF THE DOOM COMMUNITY STORY IF YOU CAN'T POST A DECENT CONTRIBUTION!!!
Gah! I'm sorry if I reacted a bit agressively, but I hate when some "Joker" messes up the community story!