Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mechadon

IGPack v1.1 Released

Download IGPack V1.1! - 41.1 MB

After almost 15 months of working, tweaking, testing, eating cookies and nachoes, taking breaks, and then working some more, IGPack is finally ready for public release! I tried my best to time the release to be at the same time as the release of 97d3 so it would make this holiday ultra awesome.

Want some screenshots? Sure! You can view screenshots of every map on my blog! You can also read more about IGPack in the official Skulltag IGPack project thread as well as the official Skulltag release thread. There's also an older Doomworld thread for anyone to refresh their memory.

For those of you who haven't been following the project's progress, the Community Instagib Map Pack (or IGPack for short) is a set of deathmatch maps originally compiled to encourage games of Instagib. The maps also serve double duty as regular deathmatch maps and they can be played with just about any deathmatch variant you fancy. The pack consists of 31+2 newschool maps varying in size, detail, layout, and flavor by the Skulltag community and beyond. Other tasty features include:

• A fully working reloadable Railgun which allows you to reload whenever you want by pressing the alt-fire key.
  • A new side-variant of Instagib called 'Altgib' which uses modified Karasawas instead of Railguns.
  • Three new weapons for non-modified DM: Karasawa, Nailgun, and Prox Launcher (see below for descriptions)
  • Lots and lots of new graphics, sounds, bots, and skins.
  • A new, [somewhat] comprehensive campaign called 'Knee Deep In GIBS'
  • A glorious, client-side gib system.
  • Fancy new smooth particles for you fancy OpenGL users.
  • A new color pallete which alters the blues and greens.
  • A script which removes the OpenGL midtexture light gradients for software users.
  • - Karasawa - The Karasawa is a powerful, high-density plasma rifle. It was developed from a version of the UAC Plasma Rifle after a breakthrough was made in harnessing and containing high-density plasma. It was developed in the International wing of the UAC in Japan, thus it's odd Japanese name. The weapon is capable of firing a highly concentrated bolt of plasma at high velocities. The bolts obtain an elastic state while traveling through the air which allows them to bounce off of hard surfaces until it's energy fades. The weapon has no problem ripping through flesh and bone; in fact the bolt does not slow when moving through a target. It will only dissapate when it's energy depletes on it's own. This feature allows you to fire through many enemies at once, much like a Railgun. It's recommended that you use this weapon at mid-to-long range; however it's effectiveness diminishes in large, open areas.
  • - Nailgun - The Nailgun is a cross between a shotgun and a chaingun. It fires ultra-hard titanium nails with razorsharp edges in a spread pattern. This weapon has a high rate of fire making it ideal for mid-to-short range fire against numerous enemies.
  • - Prox Launcher - The Prox Launcher (or 'Proximity Mine Launcher') is a personnel-class mine layer. It's primary function is to create defensive perimeters or to help contain sectors that have been sealed off. Once a target enters the mine's proximity, it explodes with a very large blast radius. The mines in this version of the Prox Launcher have a timed feature which detonate the mines after a few seconds. It also has a new feature which allows the user to remotely detonate all laid mines using the altfire. The fire rate of this weapon is relatively slow and the ammo capacity is very small. This weapon is best used in a defensive manner rather than for assaulting targets.
For the past few weeks I have been working almost non-stop to try and finish IGPack up. I'm happy with the end product and I hope that the rest of your are as well. I'd just like to thank the Claustrophobia 1024 guys for being patient with me while I worked to finish this up :D. Also, please report any bugs that you find! It's very likely that something will come up that will require me to fix and release.

Enjoy and Merry Christmas guys!

[EDIT v1.1 Release]

Ok, version 1.1 is finally here! Check up top for a download link and down a few posts for the changelog!

I just finished playing through all of the maps with some guys online and I've got a small list of things that need fixing for V1.1 Which is fine with me since I was almost certain after releasing this that a bug would pop up.

Enjay said...
I've only played 3 maps so far, but they worked very well with bots.

Wait until you get to map 6, they just run off the edges :P

Yea, some of the maps aren't bot friendly...not even a little bit :P. For those maps in the campaign, I tried to make playing them with bots as painless and quick as possible so you can get to the maps that can actually handle the bots ok.

In a desperate attempt to stand out against the recent/awesome releases of UDMX, 32in23-8, and Plutonia 2 [HEH], I'd like to post the v1.1 changelog for those of you who are interested:

###############
#<IGPack V1.1>#
###############
- Made the Karasawa/IggySawa trails fade out faster.
- Made the Nailblur actor fade out faster.
- Changed the dynamic light of the Prox Launcher from flickerlight to pointlight.
- Updated the Prox Launcher DECORATE; it was heavily bugged and caused lots of latency.  Thanks Theshooter7!
- Extended the timer on the Prox mines auto-detonate by a little bit.
- Updated the gib system.
- Updated the Altgib code so that it should correctly give the player the IggySawa at the beginning of a match.
- [D2IG01] Made the lifts walkover as well as use triggerable.
- [D2IG01] Made the wall nukage decor scroll because I forgot to do it a long time ago.
- [D2IG01] Tweaked the transparent nukage fall.
- [D2IG02] Fixed a mis-textured stair.
- [D2IG04] Fixed a spawn spot where a player could get stuck.
- [D2IG06] Removed the extra light from a camera texture area.
- [D2IG08] Made the sky edges instakill and 1px wide.
- [D2IG08] Made the jump pad barriers impassible so players can't get on them.
- [D2IG09] Added some ceiling decor to my redo of the floor area.
- [D2IG10] Removed the lag-inducing skybox and replaced it with a normal sky texture.
- [D2IG18] Fixed the skybox script so that it should work correctly online.
- [D2IG18] Made the skybox and horizon lines hidden.
- [D2IG18] Turned the horizon line actions into the sector method of sky horizon.
- [D2IG18] Made some texture alignments.
- [D2IG19] Switched a SSG and the Minigun by popular demand.
- [D2IG20] Removed some light decors and some crates.
- [D2IG20] Fixed some missing linedefs on two light decors.
- [D2IG20] Fixed a HOM.
- [D2IG22] Fixed a HOM on a lift.
- [D2IG22] Added self-referencing sectors to the main lava area so it's easier to walk over.
- [D2IG23] Made some decors impassible.
- [D2IG23] Made the eastern-most ledge MUCH wider.
- [D2IG23] Made it easier to see the slopes from the eastern-most ledge.
- [D2IG23] Replaced the eastern-most RocketLauncher with a Nailgun and ammo.
- [D2IG23] Replaced the north-western most SSG with a Karasawa and ammo.
- [D2IG24] Added some new weapons.
- [D2GI24] Made the lift walkover as well as use triggerable.
- [D2IG25] Fixed a script.
- [D2IG26] I tried to make the floor decor a little less annoying.
- [D2IG26] Made the void instakill work properly with a sector action instead of ACS.
- [D2IG26] Reduced the power of the jump pads so they wouldn't overshoot their destination.
- [D2IG26] Aligned some textures.
- [D2IG27] Changed the music to something more fitting.
- [D2IG27] Made the door walkover trigger farther away.
- [D2IG30] Removed the blinding red fog.
- [D2IG31] Tweaked some jump pads.
- [D2IG31] Removed a bit more decor to help reduce lag.
Currently MG_Man and Theshooter7 are working on fixes for some things for me (namely the Prox Launcher). I'm hoping to get v1.1 out as soon as possible. If anyone here has ran into any bugs or anything of the sort, please let me know!

Version 1.1 is out (finally). Have a changelog:

###############
#<IGPack V1.1>#
###############
- Released on January 05, 2009.
- Made the Karasawa/IggySawa trails fade out faster.
- Made the Nailblur actor fade out faster.
- Slightly reduced the power and speed of the Nail actors.
- Allowed more than 1 pickup sound to be played at once (thanks Wagi).
- [Hopefully] Fixed the Karasawa idle loop sound so that it doesn't 'pop' (thanks Xenareo).
- Changed the dynamic light of the Prox Launcher from flickerlight to pointlight.
- Updated the Prox Launcher DECORATE; it was heavily bugged and caused lots of latency.  Thanks Theshooter7!
- Updated the Prox Launcher again:
--- Prox mines won't explode for the owner of the mine.
--- An Altfire was given to the Prox Launcher; this detonates all of the mines currently placed by the owner.
--- **THANK YOU MG_MAN and THESHOOTER7 for all your hard work!**
- Extended the timer on the Prox mines auto-detonate by a little bit.
- [D2IG01] Made the lifts walkover as well as use triggerable.
- [D2IG01] Made the wall nukage decor scroll because I forgot to do it a long time ago.
- [D2IG01] Tweaked the transparent nukage fall.
- [D2IG02] Fixed a mis-textured stair.
- [D2IG04] Fixed a spawn spot where a player could get stuck.
- [D2IG06] Removed the extra light from a camera texture area.
- [D2IG08] Made the sky edges instakill and 1px wide.
- [D2IG08] Made the jump pad barriers impassible so players can't get on them.
- [D2IG08] Added a "Player hit Ceiling" sector action to the crusher to ensure instantaneous death with the crusher hazard.
- [D2IG09] Added some ceiling decor to my redo of the floor area.
- [D2IG10] Removed the lag-inducing skybox and replaced it with a normal sky texture.
- [D2IG18] Fixed the skybox script so that it should work correctly online.
- [D2IG18] Made the skybox and horizon lines hidden.
- [D2IG18] Turned the horizon line actions into the sector method of sky horizon.
- [D2IG18] Made some texture alignments.
- [D2IG19] Switched a SSG and the Minigun by popular demand.
- [D2IG20] Removed some light decors and some crates.
- [D2IG20] Fixed some missing linedefs on two light decors.
- [D2IG20] Fixed a HOM.
- [D2IG22] Fixed a HOM on a lift.
- [D2IG22] Added self-referencing sectors to the main lava area so it's easier to walk over.
- [D2IG23] Made some decors impassible.
- [D2IG23] Made the eastern-most ledge MUCH wider.
- [D2IG23] Made it easier to see the slopes from the eastern-most ledge.
- [D2IG23] Replaced the eastern-most RocketLauncher with a Nailgun and ammo.
- [D2IG23] Replaced the north-western most SSG with a Karasawa and ammo.
- [D2IG24] Added some new weapons.
- [D2GI24] Made the lift walkover as well as use triggerable.
- [D2IG25] Fixed a script.
- [D2IG26] I tried to make the floor decor a little less annoying.
- [D2IG26] Made the void instakill work properly with a sector action instead of ACS.
- [D2IG26] Reduced the power of the jump pads so they wouldn't overshoot their destination.
- [D2IG26] Aligned some textures.
- [D2IG27] Changed the music to something more fitting.
- [D2IG27] Made the door walkover trigger farther away.
- [D2IG30] Removed the blinding red fog.
- [D2IG31] Tweaked some jump pads.
- [D2IG31] Removed a bit more decor to help reduce lag.

###############
#<IGPack V1.0>#
###############
- Released on December 25th, 2008
I'm uploading it to /idgames right now, so hopefully I'll have a more permanent link up in the near future.