Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Agent_Ash

Need help with md3-models for Resident Evil-like project.

I'm making a Resident Evil-themed wad for GZDoom and I need some help. I'm an absolute noob in modelling.

I finally found a zombie model in "Zombie Outbreak". I'm going to use it (of course giving credit to the creator) and paint a couple of skins. However, I'd like this zombie to have both hands (now there's a bone instead of its right hand) and to have different walking animation (with its hands drooping, more zombie-like, now it is more human-like).

If someone is ready to help, I'll upload this models and the skins I made to my site.

Also I really need a dog model. A normal dog would be OK, I'll change the skin to a zombie dog myself. It'd be great to have a Wolfensten3D dog 3d interpretation - I'll use the same animation and change its behaviour so it would run and jump at the player.

And I'd like to have a couple of civilian car models, 'cause cars made of sectors, like in Duke3D, don't look suitable in the wad with 3d-models.

Also, if someone can give me something like RE Licker or Hunter model or anything that'd suit the style, I'd be immensely grateful.

I'm not going to make 3d weapons, but if someone wants me to, if you give me proper models of knife, Beretta, shotgun, Magnum (pistol or revolver), than I'll gladly use them.

Haha, I actually send you an email concerning this mod, never realized to look here...

What modelling software you are using? As I'd love to help, but my Milkshape 3d has expired, and there aren't many good, easy to use editors that can handle md3 besides that.
Isn't there are some limitations in interpolation of models animation frames in gzdoom? Atleast last time I checked (around 1.0.24, or when it was first introduced).

I've got some weapon, item and household decorative models, few made by myself but vast majority from free resources.

http://www.blackrayne.net/ is a good site with many models, and they're in md3-format already.

I am making a Resident Evil1 TC for gzdoom, but I only did some door
models.

I don't what you do exactly if It's a Spencer's mansion like map.

Anyway, I planned to do models from scratch or taking them from some half-life R-E mod.

I don't if I can use your models because I don't know what they are looking.

Edit: Thank for the site some models are exactly what I am looking
for.

EDIT2: Are those model free of right or they are ripped from a game?

Dude, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

Like I said, I really want to finish it. Hell if I know whether I'm really capable of it. But anyway, if there are models, there'll be a lot of people to use them, not only me.

The wad I'm trying to make is mostly based on RE2 and RE3 plot, I guess there won't be mansions. Although that's a good idea, but I doubt that. And there won't be remakes of original locations, just partial ones maybe, generally it should be a reimagining.

Those zombie models are free to use if you mention the original creator. You can read about them in that wad txt and, DoomKn1ght, you can look at them in this wad: http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=15130
If you can make models or at least rip them and make animation, perhaps you could help me...

I don't use any modelling software at all, actually, 'cause I can't model at all. There was a Lodka 3D, but it was more of a viewer than a modelling program.

As for models, I not only can't model, I absolutely don't know about making animation and so on.

That site with models is good. But most of those models have their skins in multiple files. How do I make them in one file to specify in modeldef? It doesn't understand skins of multiple parts, AFAIK...

And again about "upcoming problem"... Well, Ralphis, I'm not a newbie, I'm pretty aware if it. Actually, if I show something, it won't guarantee at all that this project is going to be finished, right? And surely it's not a mega-cool stuff. Usually I don't tell anyone when I'm making something, 'cause I don't want anyone to know if I fail to finish it, but this time I just can't do it without help, and there's no point in making the map if there's no way for me to make enemies, it'll be dull with only zombies around.

However, I'll show the beginning - one short map, about 5 minutes of gameplay. I'm already making the 3rd map, and it as well as the 2nd are much longer to beat (though I prefer to make many short maps rather than one big, it's less buggy and takes less resources and time to build nodes), but I'll show this one as a demo. It contains only one weapon, new pistol. You can also find the shotgun, but it hasn't been replaced yet, as I see making maps as my priority. It also contains no puzzles, but there are some in further maps, I'll show them later.

Do not unpack it before playing. And this is an idirect link:

http://ashigaru-rostov.narod.ru/wads/Outbreak_demo.zip

P.S. I didn't take the title from Zombi Outbreak, I decided to use mine before I even heard about Zombi Outbreak.

Thanks. No, the doors are usual polyobject swinging doors. You can notice that by typical visual bugs (HOM appearing above the opened doors sometimes, the opened doors become invisible when you look at them at a certain angle) which can be cured by making doors as thin as possible (like in Action Doom 2), but that'd be unnatural for them to be too thin.

This sounds cool. =)

I wish my project wasn't so fucked up and ill-fated, and that I'd thought it through first. Most of you would know exactly what I'm talking about. . .

Chu, the problem appears very often. But now I have a common plan and generally know what I want to make. Besides, I found it useful to draw the level on paper before starting with it. It helps too.

I have uploaded some models to my new website, if anyone making RE-mod is interested. They could be used in other games as well, as long it can handle md3-format.

b00mstick said:

I have uploaded some models to my new website, if anyone making RE-mod is interested. They could be used in other games as well, as long it can handle md3-format.

That's very interesting, thanks. But I'm going to make furniture of 3d-floors rather than models. I'd like to use models for cars, but I have models with skins in multiple files and I don't know how to adapt them for GZDoom MODELDEF. And I guess I can make it without weapon models. Still, enemies are the most important. I've never seen anything like Hunter, Licker, Tyran models... and even if I did, I suck at model animating and MODELDEF and wouldn't be able to make anything without some serious help.

However, I haven't yet finished the 3rd map. Having exams at the unviersity. So that's a long way yet. I guess when I finish the maps and puzzles, it'll be much easier to find everything else.