Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brandon D. Lade

Plutonia 2 release?

On December 10, the Plutonia 2 site updated with news that this project will be released on 2_-12-08. Today, December 29, is the last day of December 2008 in which the day of the month begins with a 2. Therefore, if it is not released today, it will officially be late. Does anyone have any signs how imminent a release of this project actually is?

That image was posted on 10-12-08. I think they meant February of 2009, not 2008.

Brandon is right.

Plutonia 2 was planned for late December. I got a bit optimistic and posted the picture thinking 29 december was perfectly doable. But we are still working on it. The plan right now is to get it finished before 2009, so hopefully the 31st...

Sorry for the confusion. Please be a bit more patient.

Well, I'm done with the music, and just barely on time, too. :P

I've thoroughly enjoyed working with this project - when it does release (but it's not up to me when that is) I really hope it will be as successful as we all hope. :D

Well, glad to know that the release is close, and that progress is still being made, such as the music being done. Hopefully, it can come out in the next 2 days, but if the release date bleeds into the first week or two of 2009, it is no big problem as far as I am concerned. Compared to the delays I've seen some projects get, that would amount to essentially nothing.

Don't believe in promises.

But I'm looking forward to playing plut2.wad when its released early next year. It will be the first of several good megawads to come in 09 followed by WOS in several months time.

Yeah. A delay like this is nothing.

Plutonia 2 Forever? Hardly.

Looking forward to it. :)

Take all the time you want, guys, I'm sure it'll result in a more polished wad in the end.

I never believed in release schedules anyway. Guess this is why I'm posting on a Doom forum today instead of helping my team with their 24-hour game creation competition.

Seconded - less haste, more polish. I doubt that many people will complain if Plutonia 2 is the first major release for 2009.

Well - I see it in /incoming, but since this often takes days to get through, it would be appreciated if an alternative download link could be provided. Thank you, and have a happy new year.

Thanks for the download link. Look in the news thread for my initial thoughts of the wad (coming soon). BTW, since everyone else talked about this, I should mention it is still 2008 where I live. So you could say it made the 2008 deadline or it didn't, depending on where you live. And I seem to remember this occuring before - in 2003, HR2 was released on December 31, 2003 in some areas and on January 1, 2004 in others, after promising to be finished in 2003 after a long development time. Hey, the two dates were also a Wednesday and a Thursday, respecitively, just like this year. Well, quite similar scenarios 5 years apart.

Heh... My internet was down for most of the day. Downloading now.

Am playing through the original 32 Plutonia levels at the moment. Figure its kind of like how we watched the first "Lord of the Rings" on DVD just before we went to see the second movie when it was released in the cinemas. And did the same with the first two when the third one came out.

And speaking of the third one, get back to work, people. Chop chop. Plutonia 3 isn't going to build itself, y'know. :P

No seriously, thanks for all the work, to everyone involved in making PL2.

And thanks myk for the link.