Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
damson

help...

I have 3 questions:
1. When I'm putting a teleporter texture it doubles. What am I doing wrong?
2. When I add a prefab for example chair.dbp the doombuilder crashes.What's wrong?
3.I have an error in my map and says sector 2 is not closed. How to fix this? When I'm trying to fix it by myself I make other sectros unclosed.

I don't know about 1 or 2, but for 3 could you post the wad so we could take a look?

Doom uses a 64x64 unit grid for floor and ceiling. You have to align your sectors to this grid (or use a source port that allows you to change the alignment).

damson said:

I have an error in my map and says sector 2 is not closed. How to fix this? When I'm trying to fix it by myself I make other sectros unclosed.

There are two problems - linedefs 61 & 63 are overlapped and linedef 10 is facing two sectors. One fix for those errors is to drag offending linedefs sideways and back - DoomBuilder's usually smart enough to separate them.

Thanks for the answers. And what about the prefabs. Why does doom builder crash when I press open.

Another question. How can I make my map playable. I want to launch it, that I could play. All my errors are fixed now. What else do I need to do?

Menu - > Tools - > configuration -> Browse (find your sourceport's program exe file). Done

Now you can use the green arrow on the top menu to lauch your map into your favorite sourceport and it will start up.

When you said "help..." in the title I thought a big snake mouth was coming to swallow you.

I used to get that same message every once and a while. I forget what I did to fix it, because it's been awhile since I had it pop up. But to change nodebuilder go to configuration > nodebuilder and from there you can browse for other nodebuilders in the Doom Builder folder (or CodeImp folder or where ever the Doom Builder execute file is) and there should be a couple different ones there. If not I'm pretty sure you can find them Here

That about as much as I know, I honestly have no idea how that stuff works, because changing nodebuilders never worked for me. Maybe it'll work for you. So unless I was doing something wrong, it could be my retarded laptop. Neither one would surprise me.

Either some nodebuilders (like ZDBSP) have complicated syntaxes, or you gave them the wrong parameter letters. It's useful to write down the ZDBSP syntax you get when you install DB, so when you return to it from something like BSP-W32, you'll know what parameter combination to put there back.

That dialog is a weird error that sometimes occurs in Doom Builder with the ZDBSP node builder. You can fix it by either changing to a different node builder, or just by closing and reopening Doom Builder and saving again. Your map will still be saved even though the nodes weren't built, so nothing should be lost when you restart Doom Builder. You might need to move a vertex back and forth or something to trick it into thinking you've modified your map since loading it, or else it won't want to save it.

New question. How to make outside maps instead of inside. Like in Doom2 level 1 you can get outside to take shotgun which is guarded by some imps.

The sky texture will be different depending on which level in Doom2 you are mapping for.

The engine will do the rest.

From what i've seen on a screenshot, he is following it because he made the exact layout of the map from Dr.Sleep's guide. So i guess he isn't having enough attention when he reads through it.

I thought that map looked familiar - how unobservant of me.

damson said:

New question. How to make outside maps instead of inside. Like in Doom2 level 1...

Take a close look at how sectors 13 & 16 are setup to force the sky texture to continue to the horizon.

ok I'm doing quite well on making my map. But I have one more problem.
How to make lowering sectors. Like ,when you press a switch the sectors lower to the ground that you could pass. look at the screenshot. I want those blocks to lower when I press a switch.

give the switch action 19 - lower floor to lowest floor, or action 38 - lower floor to highest floor. I think I got those right. If the surrounding floor heights are all the same, it doesn't matter which one you use. Now give the switch linedef a sector tag number, (make sure that the front sidedef is facing towards the player) and give the same sector tag number to the sector you want to lower

Tadaa!!

There are plenty of good basic tutorials out there. Grab one of those, and it will answer all of your questions like these. :)