Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guiddqd

Plutonia 2 Demos [-complevel 4]

these tysons are incredible, vdgg! I haven't gotten around to watching them all yet, but I love seeing your demos and this has been quite a tear! Great work

3 hours ago, tatsurd-cacocaco said:

This wad has many bugs with many of them ruining the UV-Max runs. For example, six revenants are not teleporting on map 25, where it takes more than three hours to get there. Are these really things that players need to take care of? It seemed very unreasonable. A further serious problem is that map 30 has a significant luck factor. Anyway, I would strongly argue that this run is a valid record.

Obviously, not much can be done about map 30, but there was some discussion of map 25 in Discord, and the takeaway is that the rev closet breaks when they get stuck on each other, which is more likely the longer you wait to lower that linedef. So, in principle, if you want to be more consistent here, you would rush that linedef, pacifist is ideal, but I guess that's not so likely to survive, but even UV-Speed up to that part should minimize the chance of the stuck by a lot I think (maybe AVJing to the BK, or doing the UV-Speed/pacifist strat and then getting red key early).

In the end, I think these kills should probably be required, as there are conceivable ways to improve your luck in getting them. In general, the risk of allowing skipping such kills is the opposite problem; you'll have people trying to maximize chances of teleports breaking and whatnot, just so they can claim they can't kill those monsters anymore and get a faster time. So, you'd have the same issue, it would just be flipped. :p

At the end of the day, a D2ALL is a huge undertaking, and one that comes with risks of losing runs really deep to various bullshit reasons, but that's what you're signing up for when you try going for one, heh.

13 hours ago, tatsurd-cacocaco said:

D2ALL UV-Max in 4:46:35

This wad has many bugs with many of them ruining the UV-Max runs. For example, six revenants are not teleporting on map 25, where it takes more than three hours to get there. Are these really things that players need to take care of? It seemed very unreasonable. A further serious problem is that map 30 has a significant luck factor. Anyway, I would strongly argue that this run is a valid record.

p2all-44635.zip

Good lord, this is probably one of the greatest achievement I have ever seen! I know very well how evil map30 can be, let alone in a uv max single segment run.

Congratulations tasturd! 

And for what it counts, I think the run is 100% valid. The player cannot account for these type of issues (luck based) in such runs.

Map18 Nomo in 8.00 p218o800.zip

I was trying for sub 8 but for some reason I gave up. I can't quite remember why