Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guiddqd

Plutonia 2 Demos [-complevel 4]

map03 NM speed in 0:22

That chaotic start is beyond disgusting, reminds you how fragile Doomguy is at 100/0.

p203n022.zip

Thanks, that start really hates you on nm. Having no health supplies except a zerk pack that makes you switch to fists almost makes things worse, heh.

Hi everyone, this is Red-XIII!

I finally decided to register here on doomworld and since I had some free time I managed to play a bit pl2, it can't be helped, I love this wad!

Anyway, here's my demos:

Map 01 NM speed, time 00:30
Map 23 UV speed, time 01:40
Map 33 UV speed, time 00:42(funny thing, I recorded this in 2010, I forgot I had it)
Map 33 Pacifist, time 00:49

Also, I'd like to ask you something. I also have 2 other demos but I'm not really satisfied with them, what do you usually do? Do you post your demos even if you are not completely satisfied with them?

demos.zip

Hello, Red. Nice to see you finally join the herd. :) And yeah, if you have a record time, you might as well post it... and then post an improvement once you finally get satisfied!

Depends on the run, either I put it up anyway because I don't really care enough to improve it further, or I leave it laying around on my hard drive. Usually, at some point I'll come back to it and improve it (or decide that the run was actually good enough and upload it).

Yeah, welcome Red! Regarding your question, I always share record demos, even if I'm not really satisfied with them because... I don't know, isn't it sad to spend many hours on a demo and then just walk away as if nothing happened? I think it's much better to post the product of your efforts so that other people can appreciate it, and then you'll feel a certain amount of satisfaction (unless you don't care about attention at all and play purely for your own enjoyment?).

Another thing to keep in mind is that we tend to be very critical about our own demos compared to other people. So, maybe you're watching these demos and all you see are the mistakes you've made, but when other people will watch them they might not notice any problems at all. At least that's how it usually works from my experience.

Thanks guys, those are really good advices and I agree, I decided to post them.

I also made other 2 demos, it seems today is a good day!

Map 10 Pacifist time 01:25
Map 17 NM Speed time 00:16
Map 30 UV Speed time 00:48
Map 30 NM100 time 01:07

demos2.zip

Welcome to Doomworld Red! I remember when you made quite a splash with you pl32 demos, good to have you as a forum member. I upload demos I'm not satisfied with quite a bit, it actually helps motivate me to improve those demos knowing that everybody can see my mistakes. Also, I personally always get very annoyed when I know someone has a record, but refuses to share it, especially after mentioning it in a public forum. I can understand not uploading a record if you are activity trying to improve it, but if it's been say a month and your time still hasn't improved, I don't think withholding your record from the community is a nice thing to do.

Hey guys.

Lately I've been trying to do map19 NM100 (not done yet), but in this attempt I just can't understand what happened. An hell knight became a zombie monster (like requiem fountain map23) but how? I mean, the elevator does not work as a crusher (AFAIK), so what the heck did that arc-vile do?

zombie19.zip

Actually, the lift did kind of work like a crusher. A HK died just at the edge of the lift when it was down the second time, so that when the lift raised, the HK's remains got reduced to a puddle of blood -> AV resurrected the pool of blood which created the ghost monster. If you watch the demo with prboom+, you can use the camera mode to see how it happened.

Last week Termork explained me how to do segmented demos (many thanks to him), so I decided to have fun with it, here's my first TAS demo:

Level 26, Pacifist time 4:48

p226p448tas.zip

Oh nice! I dislike that skip, so I've never really tried too much to grind it on such a pain in the ass long run, heh. Gj!

On 12.03.2018 at 7:12 AM, TheV1perK1ller said:

Map 10 UV-Max in 4:46

Had some weird issues where Zombies seemingly disappeared and then re-appeared out of thin air in the Refueling Base alcove area, no idea what caused it.

p210-446.zip

Also, that floating mancubus at 2:03...