Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guiddqd

Plutonia 2 Demos [-complevel 4]

1 hour ago, tatsurd-cacocaco said:

blob! Nice map 32 runs! 

I was a little excited by you and improved my old map 31 run.

Map31 UV-Max in 3:48 (Previous record is 4:22 by me)

p231-348.zip

great pack of cybies eheh

some blows but good time

i actually thank you for the appreciation but I wasnt satisfied by the time. last days I lost my patience with map's bugs, and I started to feel bored and felt it wouldnt be worth the time to improve further. I really prefer to change map. so enough hoarding:

map32 uv-max in 08:06

the zip actually hosts several other demos, included a non exciting 08:28 with the usual 367kills

the 818 and 806 misses 1 nazi resurrected. like I said, map is full of bugs and I dont really see any sense in crossing fingers and keep playing over and over. Aiming for 8min meant to kamikaze very often in last parts. 

p32-806 and some extras.zip

17 minutes ago, tatsurd-cacocaco said:

Map05 UV-Max in 4:18

p205-418.zip

From 6:04 to 4:18! Almost 2 minutes crushed. I would love to see that in video :)

On 5/1/2020 at 10:57 PM, vdgg said:

MAP25 with the arch-vile jump ofc :)

It's good idea, but I also came up with the same way. 

Map25 UV-Max in 7:30 

It's 1st exit and a terrible demo. This run just shows the possibility of a vile jump. Around 6:30 would be possible with polished this route, but I don't want to try this map again because of a very hard map with some annoying bugs.

p225-730.zip

11 hours ago, tatsurd-cacocaco said:

It's good idea, but I also came up with the same way. 

Map25 UV-Max in 7:30 

It's 1st exit and a terrible demo. This run just shows the possibility of a vile jump. Around 6:30 would be possible with polished this route, but I don't want to try this map again because of a very hard map with some annoying bugs.

p225-730.zip

wow. did you know the map before the request? the quickness you scored this demo is impressing! i'd take much-much longer :)

@tatsurd-cacocaco This is a nasty map, I know, I tried it myself many times. Apart from unreliable monster teleporter, we have total chaos with pain elementals. Some nice ideas, not waking up 3 cacos in a pit, and keeping that arch-vile alive, something I did not consider... So well done even if it was 1st exit :) Many thanks for that run

On 5/3/2020 at 6:58 PM, blob1024 said:

wow. did you know the map before the request? the quickness you scored this demo is impressing! i'd take much-much longer :)

I had known eschdoom's failed demo but I had also known this map was tricky. I would not try this map without your request.

Map25 UV-Max in 6:45 (Youtube)

Like I said before, I was exhausted with 1st exit, so I did not want to try it again. I rewatched 1st exit before uploading youtube, then I could not stand to watich the terrible run. I tried it again as a result.... This run was still rough, but I don't want to do it anymore now.

p225-645.zip

p223.zip

p223-829

decided to quit trying for now, after an excellent looking demo finished on 08:34 because I had to hunt 20seconds a stupid cacodemon

MAP01 UV Respawn + Reality! in 2:13.26 (no previous record)

Demo: pl201rere213.zip
Video: 

Here we go, a "rere" demo: respawn+reality came true. Has this category been done before? I've looked around but couldn't find anything.
Anyway, Plutonia 2 might have been a bad pick for this challenge because this was incalculably difficult. Joining respawning monsters with a reality run introduces SO MUCH RNG! There is no "safe strat" for this; even if you want to take things slow; that will not increase the chance of survival because the more you wait, the more monsters will respawn and move, unpredictably, around you. You NEED to go fast, there's no other way to do this. And you ALWAYS have to be on your guard.

MAP33 Reality! in 2:45.09 (no previous record)

Demo: pl233real245.zip

Video: 

Another fun map for Reality! Doesnt have many hit-scanners, but the map's still difficult because you need to dodge homing revenant missiles, straight revenant missiles, and straight imp fireballs, all at the same time. This was my first time performing a squeeze glide - at the blue bar near the exit, to skip more than half of the level. I made some mistakes, so I wouldn't be surprised if someone beat this time and got something like a 2m30.

On 3/18/2021 at 9:04 PM, Red-XIII said:

AT LAST!

Episode 3, UV Speed in 35:24

Definitely one of my best achievements so far!

3524p2e3.zip

oh wow, congratulations! I cannot imagine how much dedication, passion and crazyness you had to put in to achieve this, hats off! some really close and scary calls in the run. one can see a that you have put safety over speed which is understandable in that run and map30 for sure you were really surprised it worked at the end :D!

18 hours ago, kvothesixstring said:

Map 4 UV Pacifist in 00:20.91 16,000 attempts. I gotta stop picking fucked runs.

Congrats, very infuriating map indeed! I spent 3 months on the 19s UV-speed in 2009 and in the end I lost time on doing the non-pacifist things. But the run was just so frustrating and RNG-heavy that I took the first exit for pacifist (pathetic 25s) and never looked back, heh.

4 hours ago, dew said:

Congrats, very infuriating map indeed! I spent 3 months on the 19s UV-speed in 2009 and in the end I lost time on doing the non-pacifist things. But the run was just so frustrating and RNG-heavy that I took the first exit for pacifist (pathetic 25s) and never looked back, heh.

Thanks!

I don't blame you at all tbh. I actually think it's a really fun run but also those pinkies at the end can fuck off. The revs are pure rng whether they move out of the way but the pinkies, the pinkies...