Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Wobbo

IDEA!!!!

why doesnt somebody build a PORTAL port of doom! You know, like they were going to do for prey. itd be intresting to see rooms that curve back into themselves, levels that repeat forever, easy mirrors, four-dimensional geometry, and on and on and on in the doom game world.

Imgaine a death match where you could opne portals at will, bending space and shooting from a TOTALLY different part of a level to antother. The prey engine was working well at one time, they even have videos demonstrating portals working.

Now, i know what sombodyt is going to say "the whole stregnth of doom is its bsp engine", but they got it working in quake3!

and make it opengl compatible, so that the portals warp and morph looking like veil gates to hell and whatnot.

Well that sounds like a whole lot of work. I'll be completely contented with the state of source ports as soon as ZDoom fully supports Hexen. =)

Hmm. Portals are good. I think that that renderer Randy Heit was working on was going to have them in fact. Come to think of it, isn't a skybox a portal?

Yes a skybox issue portal code. but ROR doom have the ROR like way of Duke 3d and can therefor have rooms go through eachother... Julian never finished it though.. :(