Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nightmare Doom

Youtube sucks now

Have you ever noticed that ever since Google has bought youtube it has gone downhill to hell in a hand basket? Especially with it's bullshit new policies where if you cuss too much in your videos you get suspended especially it's one of the reasons that the youtube reviewing scene that was popular back in 2006 is now declining, and another thing that pisses me off about youtube it also bows down to capitalist interests whenever a user violates 'copy right material' their video either gets taken down or even suspended which is very harsh (not to mention that take 2 was hunting down every GTAIV video and suspending whomever put them there for some unknown reasons).

So do you people ever noticed that youtube has gotten downhill?

Yeah, and before you know it the way YouTube's going with Google owning it every video you upload will have to show an exact map of where you live so all the perverts and thought police can know EXACTLY where to get you whenever they feel like it, and then that will spread to Facebook and MySpace where TPTB will be constantly monitoring your messages and comments making sure you're not sending online solilcitation to your 16-year-old cousin or to your uncle on your friends list, and before you know it all online forums on the 'net will subject to perpetual monitoring making thus not even allowing you to use words and phrases like product names and slogans, movie and TV show titles, band and album names, and the like without permission unless you want to be taken away from your home forever by some men dressed in black combat fatigues pointing an M-16 in your face and taking you down to some remote location where you'll never see the light of day again in some cramped prison cell if you're lucky, and pretty soon the only safe place on 'net will be good ole' IRC, but even that will be infiltrated by the Illuminati one day and anybody who ever participated in any IRC activity will be hung, drawn and quartered in front of their loved ones and...

OH, THE HUMANITY!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, just had to do that.

One of my videos got taken down because I used a ~2 minute sample of Black Sabbath's "Changes." Wtf? NONE of the other songs in ALL of my videos that have had music caused trouble except that one?

PICKY

The main problem I have with it lately is it's just too fucking slow .. everything takes forever to load. And I know it's not my connection, everything else runs fine and I can download fast, too.

The alternative is that YouTube adopts the mindset of you pinko internet warriors and gets sued into oblivion. Then you'll have the YouTube you always wanted... for a month.

Yeah, as soon as YouTube got taken over by Google, it suddenly became far more sue-able and, therefore, had to be far more careful.

It's always sucked, if only for the awful video quality, skip-snaps of like 20-40 seconds, and inefficient playback. The new high-quality option makes the image remotely tolerable, almost as exciting as finding a solid turd in a bucket of diarrhea, but no matter how much the technical aspect is improved, the comments will permanently keep it the stupidest site on the internet.

Lüt said:

the comments will permanently keep it the stupidest site on the internet.

True.

I don't think YouTube comments can remotely compete with the raw sewage that flows from 4chan, but it's definitely beaten Slashdot. And that's something.

That reminds me, I've been meaning to look into some custom CSS or something to block the comments section of YouTube from displaying...

EDIT: Well, that was easy enough. Block the id "watch-comments-stats" and the comments don't show up. Hooray!

It's not really as easy to surf. I'm not really sure if this has anything to do with Google taking it over, but often times I run into dead end videos where you look up one thing and every related video is either the same thing or a tribute to it.

But I think youtube is worse than 4chan in terms of comments, as a lot more brutal flamewars start brewing in those windows. In 4chan you never see a real post but really just an arrangement of memes and stupid thoughts.

Lüt said:

Nope, myspace is definitely included in the assessment :o

Yeah, at least with Mypsace, you can just have intelligent conversations between you and your freinds if you like. On youTube, there's nothing that stops someone from coming in to the comment section of your video and saying "This Mario speedrun is just another example of capitalist propaganda started by George Bush. Make him answer for 9/11 since him and the Jews perpetrated it". Also there are the pages and pages of "<quote from video> lol". Yeah, we all just watched it, asshole. No need to repeat it.

Come to think of it, eBaumsworld comments are pretty miserable too.

It's popular, therefore I hate it!

I mean, I don't care that it has a huge amount of useful, interesting and entertaining content that I simply won't find elsewhere. I'm going to pick out a couple of ancillary aspects of it that I don't like, and insist they render the entire thing worthless: Some of the users are stupid, and sometimes they post stupid comments. Next I'm going to hold it to an unreachable standard of perfection, and claim that it is worthless because it falls short: The videos skip sometimes, and they're not brilliant quality.

The great thing about this technique/brain-disease is that I can apply it to anything that is useful and very popular, thus marking me out as a classy and analytical individual, who stands alone from the huddled masses of sheeple.

Wikipedia: They're always begging for donations / It's not 100% accurate.

Facebook: Stupid people use it / It has adverts

Google: Google Chrome has a poor bookmark manager / They violate my privacy by tracking searches

You see! It's easy. Why not try it yourself?

The main problem I see with it is the targeted censorship policy; "this video is not available in your area". This kind of stance may eventually turn the Internet into "the Internets".

One day we'll come to see Dubya as a prophet, I tell ya :p

YouTube doesn't suck that much to me, I find the videos I need and get out, no sense in perusing through the countless Chris Crockers or shitty music videos.

... Though the shitty to worthwhile content ratio have risen significantly as of late.

666442 said:

Youtube is used by trendy scene wankers posting video blogs about shit nobody cares about and overusing the word "random".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxmHihve53U - I rest my case.

I was debating making a dramatica article about her but its too much effort for something soo stupid (Yah I know the irony).

The only thing I find entertaining about Youtube is the vicious evolution vs. creationism debates that occur. It really proves how much America is split on God vs. science.

But what gets me is how much people eat this shit up. Just look the comments these people get. I wish I could be showered in compliments on every dumb ass day-to-day event I have (My e-mail is my profile for positive comments by the way.).

Technician said:

I was debating making a dramatica article about her but its too much effort for something soo stupid (Yah I know the irony).

Too late. I already did one for my book. I used quantum physics to disprove the modern usage of the word "random" by teenagers.

Stupid? Yes. But sometimes I feel like making the effort.

myk said:

The main problem I see with it is the targeted censorship policy; "this video is not available in your area". This kind of stance may eventually turn the Internet into "the Internets".

I don't like the way they keep pestering me to select a "Suggested Country Filter". Anyone know of a way around that which doesn't involve setting persistant cookies?

So far as YouTube's content and comments are concerned - it's like visiting an arts-n-craft fair at a "special needs" school - there's the occasional gem amongst stuff that looks like the work of retards.

I can't really comment on the stupidity of Youtube videos since I watch Youtube Poop a lot and enjoy it greatly but I agree that a the YouTube comment pages sure seem to attract a lot of opinionated morons. I can usually ignore them and sometimes laugh at them but it sure amazes me how many pages get the "ur an idiot everbody no that not true now gtfo fucker" kind of comments. And how all the replies to them are similar.

But still...I don't think Youtube sucks. Even if many of the people who use it do.

Youtube has come a long way technology wise. If videos are uploaded in a respectable quality, you can now watch them at pretty much the same quality.

Example: http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=oGlhgVz5r6E (click the "Watch in HD" link under the bottom right of the video)

That said, the userbase is terrible, Even the dumbest of fucks enjoy youtube, I think it's because it doesn't require much interaction. Many of the comments made seem to be the internet equivalent of yelling at the TV. They can be very entertaining sometimes.

Edit: Also videobloggers can take a running jump.