Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maes

fastseduction.com: trying too hard?

I always though that these guys are really trying too hard to classify and rationalize something that really doesn't offer itself to either thing:

http://www.fastseduction.com/youarenew/9levels.shtml

Even if some of their points may be accurate, who can really continuously think of the world in their own strict system of "ranks" and "rules" ?

I'm no pick up artist, and I couldn't pick a girl up in a bar unless she was interested in me. But I've seen this shit before and it is hilarious. I worked with a dude at my last job who was really into this stuff, and to his credit, he did pick up a lot of women (so he said, anyway). But the interesting thing was that he was always picking up and working on women who were always with some other guy. Which is something I've always found deplorable, especially in this guy because he claimed to "appreciate the challenge". Absolute fuckstick.

I've had a couple of one night stands, and I don't feel especially proud of it. These dudes strike me as people who have a complete inability to see each woman as anything but a challenge to be bested.

Yeah, that shit is retarded. These are just guys that had a couple of bad experiences with women when they were young and then thought "women ain't nothin but bitches and tricks" then decided they should just treat women like sex dolls because they're incapable of forming an actual relationship.

True, you have to have a certain amount of confidence and assertiveness when trying to start a relationship with women (so I've discovered), but from all accounts I've heard, it's better to be able to maintain a relationship than just "get some pussy".

What really makes me go "WTF" is their mechanistic-causal and clinical approach to the "problem". Freaky. Reminds me of the Borg.

herooftime1000 said:

Same here, Lich. Frankly, unless a girl is interested in me, they can be a waste of time, ya know?

Ooh, you cut me to my core. Whatever will I do?

Well, I have joined a danish website of such site. However it is more than trying to pick up girls, it also have very much to do with working with yourself.

If you really wanna try to read something about, you can go look for Neil Strauss - "The Game".

John Smith said:

Shit like this makes me glad I'm gay.

Guy1: 'Wanna fuck?'

Guy2: 'Sure'

Darn, and I didn't even get to read that huge stupid website full of acronyms.

I forgot to mention that anyone (or any clique) who use(s) a bunch of acronyms they made up is sure to be a complete self-centered asshole (or assholes), especially if normal words could describe it in a less cliquey self-centered way.

Use3D: Stuff like that kind of makes me wish I was gay. I think the ratio of guys asking me for sex compared to girls asking me for sex is about 5:1. If I were gay, I'd be having sex all the time. :(

Seriously. All my skills DO go into paying the bills. I have to work overtime just to survive these days. I don't have time for "cruising" as it were.

Danarchy said:

Seriously. All my skills DO go into paying the bills. I have to work overtime just to survive these days. I don't have time for "cruising" as it were.

Word. Student loans are hell.

I like these guys. It's a pretty agreeable site. apparently I'm a Recovering Average Frustrated Chump.

JohnnyRancid said:

I like these guys. It's a pretty agreeable site. apparently I'm a Recovering Average Frustrated Chump.

Showoff.

What about the guy that naturally has girls all over him yet ignores them because he has work to...do....

I know a kid who really subscribes to this sort of thing, and to his credit, he's gotten pretty good at it. I had a long talk with him about it because I personally don't agree with treating women like the object of a game, but he did have some valid points. Basically, he explained that in the long run it's just an exercise to get you to be more open and socially adept and confident, with the ultimate goal being when you do finally meet "the one," you'll have no trouble winning her heart. It does make some amount of sense, but I still don't necessarily agree with the process involved.

I mean, I know I'm not very good at approaching complete strangers, especially girls, in a public setting. Generally, I've had the most success in forced-interaction situations like work or camp, etc. But at the same time, I don't think this is the right way to go about improving your ability to meet people. There are ways of doing it that don't involve toying with a girl's mind. I'd also be worried that if you got good enough at this pick-up artist stuff and did it for long enough, it'd be hard to ever have a normal, healthy relationship with a girl after that.

Csonicgo said:

What about the guy that naturally has girls all over him yet ignores them because he has work to...do....

I need to do some stuff eg. make graphics, mapping, Feed trolls on Youtube with thumb down rating, etc.

Kid Airbag said:

Basically, he explained that in the long run it's just an exercise to get you to be more open and socially adept and confident, with the ultimate goal being when you do finally meet "the one," you'll have no trouble winning her heart. It does make some amount of sense, but I still don't necessarily agree with the process involved.

That's what I do it for. Getting good at talking to people - girls or guys makes all social situations a lot more fun.

I've never really been around the block enough to toy with a girl's mind. In fact, in my experiences it's been the other way around. I haven't dated a whole lot but my first few I thought I had found the perfect one. It's cute telling each other how much we love each other and hugging and kissing and getting excited everytime we see each other. This sounds pretty rotten but the worst thing you can do is to care about your date too much. It's hard to determine how much is too much, but in the event things don't work out and you guys split up, if you care a whole lot about the other person you'll be crushed and the other will move on.

Your first few mates will always feel like the most perfect person for you, but the more relationships you get in, the sooner you lose that belief with just about anyone you go out with.

The best thing you can do is not take a relationship too too seriously until you're at a point where it truly matters. But when your young, the sooner you treat it like 'game' the more fun it is.

EDIT: Another thing I want to throw out there, as I had experienced this myself, is you should never try to become friends with someone and then ask them out. It's actually the best to ask someone out as soon as you can before you become too attached to the person. I made the mistake of asking out someone that I was really close with, we're split up now and we haven't talked to each other for weeks. It's pretty hard to get over not only the loss of a girlfriend, but the loss of a good friend too.

Kid Airbag said:

I'd also be worried that if you got good enough at this pick-up artist stuff and did it for long enough, it'd be hard to ever have a normal, healthy relationship with a girl after that.

Heh, according to their FAQ, it's either their way or "getting lucky" once in a while or getting locked in marriage for life, the way of the AFC.

Trust the internet to make pulling geeky. If I told my mates I'd "street PU'd a HB8" or proclaimed myself to be a pick-up guru I'd like to think I could expect a slap.

purist said:

If I told my mates I'd "street PU'd a HB8"

Try saying this in street thug/gangsta style and it suddenly makes sense.

This site is symptomatic of a common (mainly male) behaviour, which is to take an interest or pursuit, and over-analyse and attempt to quantify it until it has been robbed of all emotion and joy. Some of the guys who practice this stuff may well be successful with women, but they are basically dating nerds.

Like most self-help systems, the basics are obvious, but quite useful, observations about negative behaviours that people fall into: lacking confidence, obsessing over a single potential partner, relying too much on fate/chance. It follows these with a broad recommendation for overcoming them, by taking action to create opportunities and having the confidence to make the most of them when they do arise. If that was the extent of it, then it would be fine. Unfortunately, they then take things way too far, trying to scientifically break down the entire process to a ludicrous degree, until you are left with a sludge of acronyms, levels and techniques, which only serves to obscure the good sense of the basic message.

Maes said:

Try saying this in street thug/gangsta style and it suddenly makes sense.

OK, I already sound like a dickhead for talking in acronyms and now I have to pretend I'm 50 Cent. That'll get you glassed where I come from.

purist said:

OK, I already sound like a dickhead for talking in acronyms and now I have to pretend I'm 50 Cent. That'll get you glassed where I come from.

A place where gentlemen wear white robes and funny pointed hats with holes for the eyes?

purist said:

Maes said:

Heh, according to their FAQ, it's either their way or "getting lucky" once in a while or getting locked in marriage for life, the way of the AFC.

Yeah but in my book getting married isn't a bad thing. I think I'd be more frustrated if I didn't find a long-term partner and instead resorted to picking up girls at bars for a quick screw.

Maes said:

A place where gentlemen wear white robes and funny pointed hats with holes for the eyes?

No, Yorkshire. And it's nothing to do with racism, it's to do with acting like a twat.