Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Brandon D. Lade

Plutonia 2 - Berserk to 200%?

I noticed this at the beginning of Map07 - when I pick up the berserk pack in Plutonia 2, my health rises to 200%, insted of the normal 100%. Was this change intended, or is it a bug?

There is nothing in this WAD that modifies any item via Dehacked.

Which source port are you using?

There's a megasphere in this map right where you start which you always pick up. Most likely you have only noticed your health when you picked up the berserk pack

Graf Zahl said:

Which source port are you using?

ZDoom, dated February 14, 2008.

kimo_xvirus said:

There's a megasphere in this map right where you start which you always pick up. Most likely you have only noticed your health when you picked up the berserk pack

Thanks. I restarted the map using the idclev code and that is indeed the case - as soon as I move, my health increases to 200%. Unfortunately, that means I wasted the berserk pack (I finished Map06 with only about 20% and didn't notice the increase in my health before I took the berserk), and I've already saved my game thereafter. Guess the first area in the map will be a little harder for me than usual, but thanks for pointing out my mistake/failure to notice.

I'm at Map08 now. Truely great megawad so far and well worth the long wait. Needless to say, Map07 was pretty d*m* hard. But I made it through, albeit after plenty of restores. Anything notable in store for me in the next 3 maps (after that, I know Map11 is really hard)?