Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Patrick

Middle Eastern Levels?

I was wondering if there are any good Middle Eastern / Islamic themed Doom mods out there at all. There are of course plenty of Egyptian levels I've seen, but I was wondering if there was anything more ... Arabic?

That was a beautiful experience. Not only is it serious and realistic, but it really put me in touch with the plight of Iraq's people today.

esselfortium said:

I'd have to recommend RottKing's realistic emulation of Iraq, as originally released to an enthralled IRC audience a few weeks ago. Originally for ZDoom only, I've updated it to correct a couple of minor bugs and for compatibility with Eternity as well.

They should have bombs in their hands and they should be headless.

esselfortium said:

I'd have to recommend RottKing's realistic emulation of Iraq, as originally released to an enthralled IRC audience a few weeks ago. Originally for ZDoom only, I've updated it to correct a couple of minor bugs and for compatibility with Eternity as well.

Is this a racist joke I'm not getting?

esselfortium said:

RottKing's realistic emulation of Iraq

You sure those guys aren't in training for the Olympic 4x100 metre relay team?

Nightmare Doom said:

Is this a racist joke I'm not getting?

Well, you can either shoot the guy and face a nigh impossible horde as a result, or you can run like hell to the exit without firing any shot.

That's a map where the pacifist run is considerably easier than the "normal" run.

The moral of the story being to leave Iraq ASAP and not bother the natives anymore, even if they provoke you. They don't threaten you anymore if you're away.

Of course, it's also possible to run like hell without firing any shot, and once you're safely on the ledge leading to the teleporter, snipe the suicide bomber, let the idiot horde appear, and shoot them without them being able to reach you. It works well enough, and you get your perfect 100% score without breaking a sweat.

The moral of the story, then, is that the first thing to do is to pull all the troops out as soon as possible and then carpet bomb the place until nothing is left but a sea of blood.

:p

TomoAlien said:

They should have bombs in their hands and they should be headless.

You forgot screaming there lungs out even thought they dont have a head.

Gez said:

Well, you can either shoot the guy and face a nigh impossible horde as a result, or you can run like hell to the exit without firing any shot.

That's a map where the pacifist run is considerably easier than the "normal" run.

The moral of the story being to leave Iraq ASAP and not bother the natives anymore, even if they provoke you. They don't threaten you anymore if you're away.

Of course, it's also possible to run like hell without firing any shot, and once you're safely on the ledge leading to the teleporter, snipe the suicide bomber, let the idiot horde appear, and shoot them without them being able to reach you. It works well enough, and you get your perfect 100% score without breaking a sweat.

The moral of the story, then, is that the first thing to do is to pull all the troops out as soon as possible and then carpet bomb the place until nothing is left but a sea of blood.

:p

Actually you can also kill them all by running up on the hill and take potshots at them. :p (the american way)

The map's name finally makes sense to me.

Gez said:

The moral of the story is - he who fights and runs away runs away and snipes lives to fight another day.

esselfortium said:

Best.......map.......ever.
Should win a cacoward.

There was an Intifada Doom2 project, but apart from a few images, it didn't seem to get much beyond the [newproject] stage.

Shame there aren't any decent Arabic levels (AFAIK). Some of the architecture could look cool, though maybe difficult to do in the Doom engine, given the proliferation of curves, etc.

"realistic emulation of Iraq"
LoL, this I call a good fun wad. You may want to release it to the archives? Should be funny for others, too!

Grazza said:

Shame there aren't any decent Arabic levels (AFAIK). Some of the architecture could look cool, though maybe difficult to do in the Doom engine, given the proliferation of curves, etc.

While it's not exactly "Middle Eastern" the interior of Istanbul's Blue Mosque would make for an interesting mapping challenge.

I find MARBLE and GSTONE levels (eg PE4_DT2) to have scenery similar to that of Prince of Persia Warrior Within. Or the other way around.