Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Karnizero

How about a Boom Tournament?

I was thining about doing a Boom Mapping Tournament, but a bit special:

The maps you can build can work on both Boom an Vanilla Doon, not having to be Boom-exclusive maps. This is, you can use all Boom features, but you dont have to, if dont like.

The punctuation for the maps should be for different aspects, so each map will have differect votations for different aspects, such as "Detail", "Action", "General Construction", "Main Idea", etc...

This is, when voting, you have to vote all those different aspects for each map, and not a single vote for each map, so, the winners table would be, for ex:

-> Originality Winner: aaaa.wad
-> Balanced Action Winner: bbbb.wad
-> Detail Winner: ccccc.wad

and so on.

What do you think about?
Im also leaving messages on other forums to get more "signatures" so we can make a nice semi-classical mapping tournament.

In the case we got enought participants, i will make a tournament webpage, etc...

What is wrong with the 32in24s

Edit: okay, probaly the same idea. But still, no one will take place in a tournament without a prize...

Torn said:

What is wrong with the 32in24s

Edit: okay, probaly the same idea. But still, no one will take place in a tournament without a prize...

That is only an idea.

Torn said:

no one will take place in a tournament without a prize...

Pish posh. They'll do it for the great honor of being the winnar!

I was thinking about a Doom and/or Doom 2 (author choice), Single Player maps, but anyone can tell us new ideas.

It would be appreciated.

Actually I'm bored of map packs that consist in nothing else but random maps, specially if they have nothing new. This also apply to zdoom map packs that include monsters from the bestiary.
I prefer a mini episode of 3 maps that follow a well defined theme and simple plot, over a wad with 32 random maps that the only connection they have are that they're in the same wad.

Vegeta said:

Actually I'm bored of map packs that consist in nothing else but random maps, specially if they have nothing new. This also apply to zdoom map packs that include monsters from the bestiary.
I prefer a mini episode of 3 maps that follow a well defined theme and simple plot, over a wad with 32 random maps that the only connection they have are that they're in the same wad.

Where i say map pack?

Each participant sends a single map.
Maps will never be join in a unique WAD.
You can download separately, and play them when you want.

Although this is a mapping contest, i think that could be possible to let the mappers to change all they want (sprites, textures, sounds, music, dehacked, etc...) but leaving the engine as is. This is, not changing more than texts or simimilar with dehacked.