Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tetzlaff

Dead Simple: A Tribute To Doom (music compilation)

I just accidently found this:

"Dead Simple: A Tribute To Doom", a music compilation by various authors:

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Dead-Simple-A-Tribute-To-Doom/release/415051

Anyone knows this? Is it good? Out of the list I know only "Bist Du Doom" which I donwloaded sometime somewhere. The compilation is from 2005, so it´s not exactly news, but since I never heard about it I thought it might be interesting. I searched the forums but couldn´t find a thread about it.

These aren't bad, for the most part. The guy who organized this posted here when he was starting the tribute, and then mentioned the complete set in the news thread for The Dark Side of Phobos. I have the tracks on a CD, from back then. The download page is still available, but not the MP3s linked to.

myk said:

These aren't bad, for the most part. The guy who organized this posted here when he was starting the tribute

Thanks for the info! Shame that the download links don´t work anymore.

Ah yes, those.

I know I don't lurk around here much, but I figured i'd comment for this case.
I have most of the songs from that album. I could zip it up and upload it somewhere if you really wanted.

Bouncy said:
I have most of the songs from that album. I could zip it up and upload it somewhere if you really wanted.

Not unless you ask the musicians and they say yes. They might have been taken down on purpose to enhance sales. If someone posts something on the Internet, one should download it only for personal use unless other liberties, such as redistribution, are made explicit by the authors.

Sorry for replying to an old thread but I couldn't let it without an answer !

Sorry, the mp3 where down by accident, this album is FREE and always will be !
I reuploaded everything, it's here : http://www.mekkanikal.com/?p=36

Enjoy !
You can also download there many other free albums (tribute to john carpenter, to twinpeaks, to hellraiser...)

By the way, now we are working on a Tribute to Silent Hill in two parts :
PART I, like the doom tribute, compilation of songs inspired by Silent Hill.
PART II, scary dark ambiant tracks with sound samples from the games, as if it was "field recordings" from silent hill !

If you are interested in joining the project you can mail me at mekka2000 [at] gmail.com

thank you !