Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jplstatic

Zdoom Editing

I know this falls under source ports as well but its more editing than anything. I have a few questions about zdoom editing, or complaints about being an idiot more or less.

1. I can't import those graves from hexen. I've done everything I could and even changed their name to match the large green pillars. The acs from zdoom's wiki is no help. They either show up as red diamonds with yellow exclamation points or they do not show up at all. I've gotten the object to show up in doom builder so I know its scripted right, and I've gotten zdoom to start with my decorate script. I've run out of ideas. I've looked up every way possible and tinkered around with the code until I got it to freeze zdoom many many times. There's still no gravestone. It has been extracted from slumped as a png and reimported then converted to gfx. the file was closed to save since it doesn't actually save when opened. no dice.

2. I can't get hires textures to work. I've made the folder hires and made the zip and made the pk3 but they only show up very terrible versions using the same 256 color palette that the textures do. I have gotten this to work flawlessly in jdoom and loved the results, but zdoom seems to be not understanding. Is there a certain setting?

3. As for jdoom/doomsday, has anyone gotten the new version to work? Do you absolutely have to have opengl or direct3d because that may be the issue. My snowberry is just not doing its job. I got doom64 absolution to work but that was just an older version of doomsday and it was a standalone cluster of files.

I think that's it.

jplstatic said:
1. I can't import those graves from hexen. I've done everything I could and even changed their name to match the large green pillars. The acs from zdoom's wiki is no help. They either show up as red diamonds with yellow exclamation points or they do not show up at all. I've gotten the object to show up in doom builder so I know its scripted right, and I've gotten zdoom to start with my decorate script. I've run out of ideas. I've looked up every way possible and tinkered around with the code until I got it to freeze zdoom many many times. There's still no gravestone. It has been extracted from slumped as a png and reimported then converted to gfx. the file was closed to save since it doesn't actually save when opened. no dice.

You must have done something wrong then. You'll have to post a WAD with these items so that we can investigate,

2. I can't get hires textures to work. I've made the folder hires and made the zip and made the pk3 but they only show up very terrible versions using the same 256 color palette that the textures do. I have gotten this to work flawlessly in jdoom and loved the results, but zdoom seems to be not understanding. Is there a certain setting?

ZDoom uses an 8 bit software renderer. If you want True Color you will have to use something with hardware rendering like GZDoom.

3. As for jdoom/doomsday, has anyone gotten the new version to work? Do you absolutely have to have opengl or direct3d because that may be the issue.

In short: yes. If you want to run software that uses a hardware renderer you need support for at least one of the common hardware rendering APIs.

the item has been removed from the map and replaced with generic gray blocks until i figure this out. once i figure this out i'll add more new things, like tons of extra things from the beta that didn't exist in doom

haha! its sequel to nightmares of loki! the hatred ensues! oh but its fun this time.

warning! file is 2 megs.

http://jlehrjr.webng.com/lokispalace.zip

tested...works!

i use slumped

I guess I could just paste the decorate here

The graphic is called TMS1A0

actor GRAVE1 1234
{
height 48
radius 19
states
{
See:
TMS1 A 1
stop
}
}

Looks like a common error. See your sprites? They need to be inside S_START/S_END or SS_START/SS_END markers to work (like the PP_ markers around your patches). Put a start marker before your sprites and the corresponding end marker after them and they should start working.

The error is much simpler: Replace 'See:' with 'Spawn:'.

Your actor has no spawn state so it won't get spawned.

two posts ago... that worked for my lost souls wad that gathered the alpha lost souls just for fun, but still a negative on the '1234' instance of the gravestones within the game. the only differences would be the lost soul is not decorated and uses the same spritenames and also its an enemy. in addition to the spawn state should there be a see state?

Yes, there's another error. The one frame has a duration that makes it disappear immediately. Replace the 1 with -1.

Success!

plus I've used this time to create working Green and Orange keycards with accompanying lockdefs. The only problem is now I've no clue how to show them in inventory on the screen in the corner at least. Time to do more reading