Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CodenniumRed

N*E*C*R*O*S*I*S for HeXen!!!!

NECROSIS is an expansion for HeXen which features new weapons, new artifacts and 9 levels of all-new gameplay! You have died since battling the forces of Korax but a powerful spell wakes up the dead on Cronos - including you. Retaining your ow will, you fight your way out of the Crypt into Cronos' lowlands to find the source of this awakening....

LINK TO THE WAD!!!!

http://www.zshare.net/download/618842697ac0b259/

SCREENSHOTS

Spoiler

CREDITS:

David Gurrea - 2D / 3D Artist - textures used from the site http://www.davegh.com/blade/davegh.htm and used well!
Neoworm - Weapon Spirtes.
Eriance - Weapon Sprites.
Rolls - Sprites.
Might and Magic - sprites for 1st Hub Boss.
Tormemtor667 - Monsters, decorate, enviro effects.
Lexus Alyus - new music!

REQUIREMENTS: Latest version of GZdoom, Original, upgraded copy of HeXen

ENVIRONMENT: The player is now expected to navigate all manner of terrain. He'll have to jump, look around, and duck as well in order to progress. Different playerclasses have different amounts of health; all players however cannot run once their health drops to below 40.

NEW ARTIFACTS: Along your travels you will encounter many strange devices and spells. Some centuries old are still waiting to be discovered....

Tome of Power: An old favorite, this relic is perhaps one of the most versatile to be found, for it sometimes dramatically alteres the effects of all your armaments, always for the better.

Trident Sigil: This grants the player the ability to do triple the damage of normal for a span of roughly 30 seconds!

Rune of Protection: Reduces damage inflicted to you by a 1/4!

NEW WEAPONS: When you died, your old aresonal was scattered across the planet as Holy Relics, to be forever reveared by the Church. As such, the chance of finding all of your old weapons is slim - and a far greater chance of attaining a new aresonal of old favorites and new freinds is more likely:

BARATUS THE GLADIATOR:

1 - Gauntlets of Perdition: As always, Baratus can wield his bare hands when push comes to shove. Powered-up, their enchantment becomes apparent as you summon dark energy to pummel your foes!

2 - Axe: Using pure electrical energy, the Axe is an electrifying experience. Powering it up gives it ranged abilities as well.

2b - Dragon Claw: Only Baratus can wield the strength of the dragon, and as such only he can invoke the abilities of the Dragon Claw. Its enchantment allows him to strike targets from a distance as if they were right next to him, giving him the range of a dragon 10 times his size. Powered up, each 'punch' delivers an eight-way ripper blast!

3 - Hammer of Retribution: The Hammer of Retribution is a flaming beacon in Cronos' wintry wastes. Forged in the fires of Hades itself, the Warrior can throw it as a boomerang to great effect, in addition to bludgeoning to death his adversaries. Powered up, the Hammer calls fourth the fires of fell itself, delivering a sweeping flame attack to all who stand in the fighter's way!

3b - Sword of Darkness: Baratus now can find a serrated, undead blade to employ against his foes. This serrated slicer can dispatch most low-level monsters in one swing. Powered-up, the blade launches magical orbs that erupt in full-body explosion!

PARIAS THE PALADIN:

1 - Bow of Penitence: The Cleric now starts with a more potent weapon than before - an enchanted bow capable of piercing through multiple enemies with its' barbed arrows. Each arrow leaves a luminous trail - both literally and figuratively in the destruction it causes. However, as the rate of fire is slow, more suitable weapons remain to be found. Powered-up, the arrows are no longer weighed down by gravity, and do even more damage.

2 - Serpent Staff: The functionality of this weapon remains unchanged, except when it's powered up. It's venom seeks out your enemies in a vicious coil, and at times causes a noxious cloud to rain poisinous death upon them from above! Watch your adversaries rot in front of your eyes!

2B - Angel Staff: Shooting bursts of pure energy in its normal state, the Angel Staff is nothing to scoff at. Powered up, this Staff of Heaven itself calls fourth the powers of the cosmos itself - Parias is able to smite his foes with a deadly blast of lightning.

3 - FireStorm: Now we're packing heat! An old favorite, the spell becomes only more potent in its powered-up state, as Parias rains death from above!

3B - SunStaff: The pulsating, magikal center of the the Staff provides it with enough power to burn through anything you desire. Using the Tome of Power on this baby amplifies the strength of this beam, eah wave practically a fireball in its own right.

DAEDOLON THE DARK MAGE:

1 - Gargoyle Wand: A new friend for Dandelion is the Gargoyle Wand. Firing a spell more powerful than the Sapphire Wands' barbs, this basic implement is often enough to get Dandelion out of tight situations. Powered up, its effects are augumented with a ripper effect.

2 - Frost Shards: An old favorite, the Frost Shards are able to freeze most adversaries in place after a few well-placed shots. Powered-up, and each attack becomes quicker, meaner, and splits off into seeking fractures!

2B - Skull Staff: Using a form of Dark Energy only possible from the Outer Worlds themselves, Dandelion alone is only able to tap into the powers contained within the staffs' core. Its potency is unmatched as it launches a constant stream of raw energy upon Dandelion's enemies. Powered up, this skeletal artifact is able to call fourth the powers of the Earth to aid in its attack - a bevy of spines travels along the ground, impaling all in its wake.

3 - Arc of Necrosis: An old favorite, The Arc fires a long, diagonal streak of raw lightning that seeks out its targets and fries them where they stand. Powered-up, the abilities of the Arc become multiplied threefold.

3B - Jade Wand: A distant relative to Dandelion's Sapphire Wand, the Jade variety is also significantly more powerful. Firing a bevy of piercing darts at once and instantaneously piercing the toughest of hides, it is a tool of pure destruction. Powered up, its abilities become yet more amplified.

NEW CREATURES: During the era of Korax, many new, strange beasts started appearing in the world of Cronos. Some were summoned from the Outer worlds, others mutated from normal creatures, all positively deadly. Though their leader now lay dead, many of these abominations have either formed their own tribes, or - being simpler in intelligence - found their way into the world's ecosystem. If that weren't enough, the new rift responsible for raising the world's dead has created yet more twisted beings that now roam the lands - with many yet undocumented.

Cultist: Humans who have been spared from undeath - yet still heed its call - have devoted their lives to blind worship. Former Clergymen of lost faith sought unity with an underground sect of Mages, and they now share their powers with each other. A weak enemy if caught alone, one must not estimate their capability in groups - they gain new, deadlier powers entirely which signify the bond their new faith represents.

Ghoul: When someone dies, noxious chemicals often erode away at the bodies' interior. When raised from the dead in this state - before full decomposition of the outer body takes place - these poisons can be used as a weapon in the form of poisonous barbs against the living.

Satyr: Savage pack hunters trained in various war armaments, Satyrs bear none of the pleasantries granted to them in mythology; as brutal, cunning warmongers they have been known to lay siege to large towns with a force the size of a small tribe. This new threat is lead by the Centaurs, veterans of the original campaign on Cronos who now serve as generals.

FellBeast: The Southern Wilds are home to all manner of strange creatures - some small, some large, all deadly. Fellbeasts are savage pack hunters that seldom strike via a frontal attack - they'll sneak up on you, they'll strafe around you, they'll retreat and regroup. They plague the lands like raptors, and should a wanderer encounter one, never assume it is alone...

Fallen: Do not be fooled by Cronos' deep freeze - pockets of liquid-hot magma still find their way to the surface, and with it spirits imbued with the fires of Hades itself. This variant of undead spawns from lava flows and magma pools to catch the unsuspecting hero off-guard.

SabreClaw: A chitinous horror hailing from the Outer Worlds, this abomination can jump to new heights and scale surfaces the player would die trying to traverse. Their melee attacks are positively deadly, and they crave nothing more than to shatter you as you would do to them.

Nightmare: Undead not of this plane, these abominations of your dreams crave to put you just as out of phase with reality as they are....

They remind me of the wintery region's trees, but last time I played I was in the desert and I can't really remember.

Regardless, this project looks good!

Will it have goatmen and hell knights? :) Is it for JHexen? Is the ranger class a character like Corvus? I already see the firemace in there...

Everything looks great, and I've always hoped for an expansion to Hexen. The only thing I'd like to point out is that my favorite monsters were always the minibosses (Death Wyvern and especially Heresiarch), so I hope that there will be a couple of them running around somewhere.

Impressive! Most impressive!
It's refreshing to know that you're boldly determined to have it released by the end of this month.

How long have you been working on this? That's quite a packed list of new features that you got there.

And also, you just reminded me of how much I miss Ichor and his still unfinished Presage Of Fury expansion. It sounded so promising...
And it still does, but he just seems dormant or something.

Looking great, about time we had something new for Hexen.

DarkJedi188 said:

And also, you just reminded me of how much I miss Ichor and his still unfinished Presage Of Fury expansion. It sounded so promising...
And it still does, but he just seems dormant or something.

Last I heard it was still progressing, but by the sounds of things even slower than mine was before the end of last year.

Sonikku7 said:

Finally a Hexen megawad. :)

Depends how many maps it has :p

Sonikku7 said:

Finally a Hexen megawad. :)

Even if it will only turn out to be 1 hub containing 6 levels I will still be extremely happy.
For me a single hub means many many hours of gameplay already, cause I usually tend to get lost and walk around in circles...
But hey, that's what Hexen is all about ;)

Sadly, WinDEU has no support for Hexen mapping whatsoever. :(
And asides from that, I've also got a 2D-platformer project weighing down on me.
Otherwise, I would've either joined you instantly or commenced a megawad of my own ages ago.

DarkJedi188 said:

Sadly, WinDEU has no support for Hexen mapping whatsoever. :(

Couldn't you have picked a worse editor... :?

Graf Zahl said:

Couldn't you have picked a worse editor... :?

I've been using DEU since 1999 and I feel totally comfortable with it. It is as natural to me as a lightsaber is natural to Obi-Wan Kenobi. I can't work without it. :p

Anyways...
That SunStaff looks so bright and shiny compared to the original version of it from Hexen 2.

GL IS BLURRY K

Btw this is awesome, and it's awesome that I'm not the only one doing a massive Hexen mod.

This levelset should be finished in about a week: some final screenshots to chill you out:

A winter wonderland:

Perilous Passage:

Infighting:

Giant Wendigo MiniBoss, complete with new attacks:

This area looks important:

What happens when you get the scroll?

The wendigos were already deadly under skill 5, now how will their miniboss be like? :/

I think that because it's animated as for JHexen or GZDoom, why don't you use a model for the sunstaff?

It's for GZdooM, and the sprites for the Sunstaff were from a collaboration on the ZdooM forums - there have been more made and they look even better so it's something I really want to use.

THESE Wendigos are alot bigger than the originals, and will also have some NEW ice projectiles not seen. :D

printz said:

The wendigos were already deadly under skill 5, now how will their miniboss be like? :/

I'm guessing that the giant Wendigo will probably have around the same amount of hitpoints as the Maulotaur from Heretic 1.
But we can only find out once we actually meet him. :D

Anyways, so now I'm really excited about beginning to play this WAD next Saturday. (Assuming that everything goes as planned and no promises get broken.)

Damn, it's already March but there hasn't been any release yet...
Whatever the problem is, I really hope that the project wasn't lost in some fatal hard-drive crash or that it wasn't wiped out due to a virus.

*crosses fingers and waits*

It's mostly being developed on the ZDoom forums. From what I understand, he ran into some bugs and with the first beta, and is working to correct them.

@CR: Give an update to these people! :P

There were some serious bugs in either in DECORATE and overall gameplay, it still needs a lot of work (for example its nearly unplayable as fighter). And also there will be even more levels than 5.