Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skeletor

The End - What Will It Be?

What will be the cause of the end?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the cause of the end?

• Nuclear War
    • Massive Natural Disaster
    • Biological/Chemical War
    • Mass Suicide from an Existential Crisis because society is too advanced in all areas of life and survival is no longer a concern for anyone.
    • Zombie

1. Nuclear War - Won't kill everyone I believe.
2. Massive Natural Disaster - Once the sun explodes?
3. Biological/Chemical War - See 1.
4. Mass Suicide from an Existential Crisis because society is too advanced in all areas of life and survival is no longer a concern for anyone. - Uhhh...what?
5. Zombie - Sorry, I do not believe in zombies.

Gokuma said:

A few things I'm disgusted by: It was good was when business was declining for McDicks but now they have soaring profits and plan to open 650 more shitholes.

Hey man, don't even confuse McDonalds with Dick's, the best burger stand in Seattle.

Lüt said:

Oh right, how could I forget - second coming on midnight JST, May 21, 2011 :o

Mark it in your day planners, people!

My mom kind of believes the 2012 stuff and she's planning on having a semi-ironic party that night.

Joe said:

The End will be a 12 minute psychedelic rock opus.

Will it be at the end of the Apocalypse Now?

I cannot imagine any scenario with any real degree of likelihood to extinguish human life short of destroying the very integrity of the Earth as a planet.

That said, super virus/bacteria are the most likely candidates for near-extinctions. I don't even regard Natural disasters at a near-extinction level (say 95% of population mortality or morbidity directly related to aforementioned phenomenon).

Danarchy said:

Mark it in your day planners, people!

My mom kind of believes the 2012 stuff and she's planning on having a semi-ironic party that night.

Heh well I know a guy who's writing a book on 2011, he says the 2012ers are all a year off since they're not adjusting for year zero, so they'll all get taken by surprise.

I think I've got it - an asteroid strikes a stockpile of nuclear and chemical weapons warheads, the resulting toxic radioactive cloud zombifies everyone it touches, after the zombies have run out of brains to eat they realise how empty and pointless their lives are and commit suicide.

Why do so many ppl think natural disaster?

If you look at the facts nuclear war makes much more sense. Hydrogen and powerful nukes can destroy half of the USA in one bombing, imagine 20 or 30 more its pure extinction.

Mind you, hydrogen actually destroys air particals making it more deadly.

And the state of our world in terms of alliances and enemies doesnt look too pretty either.

A bombing is more likely then a massive "day after tommorow" event anytime soon, if not at all.

The "Big Rip" mightn't be for another 50 billion years if it occurs at all - "The Big Crack" is a much more immediate concern. While solar flares are commonplace at the peak of the sunspot cycle the associated bursts of gamma rays shouldn't pose a significant threat so long as Earth's atmosphere and magnetosphere hold up.

I'm leaning more towards an all-out nuclear warfare which were triggered from a bunch of massive terrorist attacks.

Unrealistically though, maybe some kind of crazy Zombie Apocalypse will wipe out humanity. Now that's something I'd rather get stuck in. Let's just hope I don't have to deal with fast running zombies like the ones from 28 Days/Weeks Later.

Huh what? Zombies? (Cue ironic quotes from the simpsons)

Marge: Well, I'm sure glad we didn't turn into mindless zombies.
Bart: Shhh... TV.
Homer: [thud sound on TV] Man fall down... funny.

Creaphis said:

Kind of depressing, eh? To go out, not with a bang, but with a whimper? With nothing left to hear our stories, or at least admire our ruins? I tell myself that the existence of humanity is absolute; even after the universe suffers its heat death, or is drawn into some unfathomable confluence via dark flow, humanity will still have existed, and will always have existed. That actually helps, a bit.

You've been watching Doctor Who too much. :P

I'm going to vote for zombies. Due to the fact that I got a zombie plan if an out break happens at my house, collage or at work. Yes, I have watched way to many zombie moves.

On the other hand some sort of massive war between the super powers of the world seems more realistic. Not a nuclear war but a mix between nuke, chemical and biological warfare. Since some countries don't seem to have nukes. Those of us that are not take out by the war its self end up dying due to the air becoming a mix of radiation, chemicals and diseases. Could you imagine some thing like radiation sickness mixed with chemical burns both inside and out mixed with smallpox? I'd hope for a quick death.

MasterOFDeath said:

Here, folks, is a physics expert. We should listen to him.

Yeah, that's some really fuzzy logic there. Too bad the atmosphere is made up mostly of hydrogen. Also, there was a minority theory back in the day when they first developed the H-bomb that it would cause a chain reaction, burning up all the hydrogen in the atmosphere, thus basically nuking the entire Earth. Luckily that was proven false after several H-bomb tests.

Danarchy said:

Yeah, that's some really fuzzy logic there. Too bad the atmosphere is made up mostly of hydrogen. Also, there was a minority theory back in the day when they first developed the H-bomb that it would cause a chain reaction, burning up all the hydrogen in the atmosphere, thus basically nuking the entire Earth. Luckily that was proven false after several H-bomb tests.

It's made up mostly of nitrogen (a little below 80%, for the most part the rest is oxygen followed by argon, carbon dioxide, and trace amounts of other gases.) Plus considering how long ago that theory was you would have to be pretty crazy to still think something like that. Besides, I've yet to have a science class where we talked about how hydrogen can destroy "air particals". Or air particals in general.

SuperSlammer2 said:
there invisible, idiot.

Where...? I can't see it!

Oh, I see now. It's because he isn't the idiot. It's you.

Your lesson of the day from a mod: don't try to abuse other users when you're much worse.

SuperSlammer2 said:

Wow, science nerd, you can destroy air particels (which you spelled wrong) there invisible, idiot.

*clap* *clap* *clap*