Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Phobus

Virus Episode 1 "Shareware Release"

You may recall a while ago that I showed a small 3-map demo for a wad of mine called Virus.

Now I've finished Episode 1 and the Training map, so I'm making a release of it.

Website for more info: http://www.phobus.servegame.com/virus.html
Download link: http://www.phobus.servegame.com/virus.html (fairly large d/l I think)

It features 2 non-playable maps, 1 training map and 9 proper maps (1 secret level in there). MAP06 was guest mapped by Mik57, MAP07 guest mapped by hnsolo77.

It's a very different experience from normal Doom by the way, and a lot more bright and cheerful.

Changes since last time involve a more streamlined HUD and the weapons shooting at the crosshair now.

Virus, I have already played this before and I can only recommend it for the others to play it. This is really great! Here is a picture of it.

Phobus said:

the weapons shooting at the crosshair now.

Oh yeah, it was pretty annoying with the shooting going below the crosshair!

Phobus said:

Now I've finished Episode 1 and the Training map, so I'm making a release of it.

You may want to release it here (read this how to do it) ?!

Thanks for the recommendation and extra screenshot :)

My intention was to wait for a bit of feedback on any errors or issues before making a final updateand uploading. So far the zdoom forums has only found one little HOM on MAP06 which I will fix shortly.

Then I'll update the file on my site and upload it to the archives :)

Seriously, people, this is a fantastic experience. It's way nostalgic while being totally creative and original. I'd say Cacoward material, particularly when all three episodes are out (One day :P).