Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BilboHicks

ScoreDoom 2.9 Full Release (updated to 2.9g)

Mr. Chris said:

Somehow, the Smoke Demon crashed me when I kill him.

When you killed it,was it in soldier form, or in smoke form? I think you can BFG it so it dies before it even goes into it's transformation state.

Is there a good launcher for scoredoom? When I use ZDL online scoring is disabled when I add pwads, but not when I enter the commands manually from the command line. ZDL used to work but now it doesn't, and I have no idea why or what's going on.

Twinzen said:

Is there a good launcher for scoredoom? When I use ZDL online scoring is disabled when I add pwads, but not when I enter the commands manually from the command line. ZDL used to work but now it doesn't, and I have no idea why or what's going on.

What I used is tossing the WADs you want to use into the /skins/ folder so it autoloads.

Twinzen said:

If you look at the Extra 'PWADS & Patches' column on the hi score table that's the order the wads should be in (minus the iwad). Make sure you are still using version SD 2.8. SD 2.9 Beta is not compatible with the hi score server atm.

I don't use ZDL, so Im not sure what is going on. Did you update ZDL? I may check it out over the weekend and see whats going on. Its odd how it suddenly has stopped working if you have not changed anything.

BilboHicks said:

When you killed it,was it in soldier form, or in smoke form? I think you can BFG it so it dies before it even goes into it's transformation state.

Soldier form. The moment the last bullets hit it, I went poof to desktop.

@ZDL: Version 3.1 is the latest and it always pulls this, like I've mentioned earlier..not to mention there's an official build and two builds that fix stuff up by seperate authors.

Mr. Chris said:

Soldier form. The moment the last bullets hit it, I went poof to desktop.

@ZDL: Version 3.1 is the latest and it always pulls this, like I've mentioned earlier..not to mention there's an official build and two builds that fix stuff up by seperate authors.

Thanks. I will take a look into smoke monster crash. I dont think I've ever killed it in soldier form before.

@Mr.Chris: Hmmn, it doesn't crash for me when I BFG it at point blank. I left you a PM with some more questions :-)

Right now, I'm working on a text version of the current beastiary lineup, showing exactly what I think of each of the monsters along with a few strategies for some of the harder and/or more annoying ones.

Edit: I made it up to the tornado demon... and you'll see how annoying I found him once the whole thing's done.

I think if you stay close to the tornado demon it goes into tornado mode a lot less often. I'm not 100% certain though.

I'll probably buff it up a little bit and add it as an archvile replacement by default in 2.9, heh, it looks like a vile anyway.

Is still havent determined what is causing the smokemonster (smoke demon) to have crashed my game. I managed to do it once, like Mr. Chris did, after it went to smoke form, but have not been able to reproduce it. Not sure if it is on pain state or death state. Need to take a closer look at it's DECORATE when I get some time.

It might be something to do with it being able to jump to smoke form when the soldier form goes to it's death state, before no_blocking is called. Sometimes when it attacks in smoke form I can also hear the soldier bullet attack. hmmn...

Hey Bilbo, GZDoom updated to 1.5.3, are you gonna update ScoreDoom to the latest version later on?

Mr. Chris said:

Hey Bilbo, GZDoom updated to 1.5.3, are you gonna update ScoreDoom to the latest version later on?

Hi. I'm not keeping up with the latest zdoom/gzdoom releases, unless I find something that really needs to be fixed, then I will patch it (like the voodoo doll & scrollers fix for CChest2.wad). As I mentioned before proper development on this mod is over, though I still plan to update the add-on pack, and make any 'patches' I deem worthwhile.

Saying that, it looks like removing the A_VileChase call from the SmokeMonster has fixed the crashes :-)
Next thing now is to add whatever new monsters I can to the SDST add-on pack, then I will have a full 2.9 release.

I'll update my beastiary guide once the full 2.9 version's released. Are there any new monsters that will be on there that I haven't seen in action?

gun_psycho said:

I'll update my beastiary guide once the full 2.9 version's released. Are there any new monsters that will be on there that I haven't seen in action?

Cool. No, the ones in the current beta are the only new ones.

BilboHicks said:

Cool. No, the ones in the current beta are the only new ones.

Oh, ok. If there are gonna be any new monsters, should you find any for the new one, would you mind pming me on what they are?

gun_psycho said:

Oh, ok. If there are gonna be any new monsters, should you find any for the new one, would you mind pming me on what they are?

yep, will do, but I don't see me adding anything new for this update.

ok, got 2 new beta releases , grab from usual: http://www.scoredoom.com

These will hopefully be the final betas before full release.

----

ScoreDoomST 97c2-R4BETA (w. Add-on Pack) is now out.
R4BETA details:

ScoreDoom Announcer can now be turned On/Off via the 'Options'->'Sound Options' menu.

New Add-On Pack for R4. Many new monsters & some other tweaks.

----

Scoredoom 2.9BetaV5 (w. Add-on Pack). 2.9BetaV5 supports Non Add-on Pack online hi scoring.

You can now set your hi score server password remotely from the client, instead of setting it locally, then going to scoredoom.com and doing it there as well (I finally got off my lazy arse to fix this)

More Fixes and tweaks to the 2.9 Add-on Pack, including a fix to stop the Smoke Monster crashing the game (also moved the Tornado Demon to be an archvile class monster).

For Add-on Pack online hi scoring, keep using SD 2.8 and it's Add-on Pack for now.

----

I also revived the forums, but had to do some purging, so you may need to re-register if you registered before :P . I will be adding some help topics there as well as trying to use it to help formulate some SDST co-op games.

EDIT:
I also have a couple of servers currently running SDST R4BETA, one with the Add-on Pack, one without, so feel free to check it out.

Unless the file on filefront is named wrong, the link on the download page points to v4beta for single player scoredoom, not v5.

sector666 said:

Unless the file on filefront is named wrong, the link on the download page points to v4beta for single player scoredoom, not v5.

Doh! Thanks, link is fixed now.

I kept forgetting to mention that when there's several bees buzzing at the same time the buzzing gets strangely loud.

Looking at the default sdcustom.ini, I noticed there's a few times where the same replacement enemy is listed more than once (to replace the same monster). The Zsec for example shows up twice to replace the same enemy, and it has a different number after it both times. Is there some significance to that?

Also, what do those colons in the numbers mean?

Anyway there's one monster that seems to have, lets say, a bit of a duplication problem. It's one of the lost soul types, one of the most recently added I think. I didn't know what it was called so I took some pictures.

I think from this you should be able to tell what it is. It's the ghostly one shown in the picture multiple times. I'm pretty sure that's the one that zig-zags a lot, if that helps:

http://imgur.com/6lCjC.jpg

To get some idea just how many ended up in the level I took this.

http://imgur.com/r9SIH.jpg

They're hard to see though so maybe this shows it better. All those white things in the sky are all that one type of lost soul.

http://imgur.com/o17Cp.jpg

There were nowhere near that many when the level started.

sector666 said:

I kept forgetting to mention that when there's several bees buzzing at the same time the buzzing gets strangely loud.

I lowered the volume on their sounds in the latest add-on pack beta for this same reason. Though if there are a lot of them spawned, I can imagine it can get loud.

sector666 said:
Looking at the default sdcustom.ini, I noticed there's a few times where the same replacement enemy is listed more than once (to replace the same monster). The Zsec for example shows up twice to replace the same enemy, and it has a different number after it both times. Is there some significance to that?

This is a left over from the older replacement code. No real significance at all. The multiple values can be combined into a single entry.

sector666 said:
Also, what do those colons in the numbers mean?

The colons can be used when you want to specify a monster only to appear in udoom or doom2+ wads. So :1 means udoom only, :2 means doom2 (tnt & plutonia) only

sector666 said:
Anyway there's one monster that seems to have, lets say, a bit of a duplication problem. It's one of the lost soul types, one of the most recently added I think. I didn't know what it was called so I took some pictures.

I think from this you should be able to tell what it is. It's the ghostly one shown in the picture multiple times. I'm pretty sure that's the one that zig-zags a lot, if that helps:

http://imgur.com/6lCjC.jpg

To get some idea just how many ended up in the level I took this.

http://imgur.com/r9SIH.jpg

They're hard to see though so maybe this shows it better. All those white things in the sky are all that one type of lost soul.

http://imgur.com/o17Cp.jpg

There were nowhere near that many when the level started. [/B]

Yes, I need to fix that decorate. It exponentially replicates itself!

There are also some more tweaks and fixes I need to add to the add-on pack, then I plan to have a full 2.9 release this weekend, along with a full release for SDST.

I'm debating about a couple of things. The points bunny artifact in SD I'm not sure if I like. It sort of goes against the flow of the game, so I may just have points-bunnies spawn similar like in SDST.

Also I may make the 2.9 add-on pack the de facto pack for the hi score server, even though there will be (slightly) different monster sequences.

I wouldn't miss the points bunny artifact too much myself. I don't know if I'd want to see it taken out of the addon pack entirely, but there probably isn't a whole lot of reason to have it as one of the default things that shows up.

Which brings me to something I keep forgetting. I know some people have mentioned unused monsters being in the pack. Having a list of what's in the pack but isn't in the defaults could be useful when making custom ini's.

I finally got the bestiary guide done, so I'm pming it over to you now. (By the way, I still think the tornado demon is the most annoying non-boss enemy of the lot)

gun_psycho said:

I finally got the bestiary guide done, so I'm pming it over to you now. (By the way, I still think the tornado demon is the most annoying non-boss enemy of the lot)

Cool, will check it out.

Got an updated myself...

SDST Now updated to 0.97c2-R4b, and SD 2.9 to 2.9b.

*The add-on packs required an emergency fix for the chaos wyvern and lava demon projectiles whereby a player would get stuck/frozen when they were hit.

(You need this Add-on Pack (2.9b) version for online hi scoring.)

The game crashes to the desktop on me while playing E1M1 using Scoredoom 2.9b. It happens every time I try to grab the Big Backpack.

Here's the link to the crash report. Hopefully this'll help pinpoint the problem.

http://www.mediafire.com/?m7trj45473pck9f

EDIT: Found out how to fix it at least. Dunno what's causing it but to keep it from crashing to desktop, I went into sdcustom.ini and set the value for BigBackPack to 0 while using any value greater than 0 for BigBackPack2.

EDIT 2: Later on in the game (at E1M9 specifically) I encounter the same crash as mentioned before, even with the previously mentioned sdcustom.ini settings. Pretty sure it's something to do with the Big Backpacks.

EDIT 3: Big Backpacks are still showing up and crashing the game to desktop ever after changing their values to 0 in the sdcustom.ini file.

EDIT 4: Tried deleting both BigBackPack variables as well as PointsBunny completely from sdcustom.ini to test something. None of the Big Backpacks and the Points Bunny showed up at all from E1M1 to E1M7 (E1M9 is included in this). However, both the Big Backpacks and the Points Bunny showed up in E1M8 with Boss Rush mode on during this playthrough. Like before, picking up the Big Backpack during/after the Boss Rush crashed me back to the desktop. I think BigBackPack, not BigBackPack2 is to blame for this crash.

I'll do some more looking around for crashes and the like tomorrow. I need sleep. :P

Nems said:

The game crashes to the desktop on me while playing E1M1 using Scoredoom 2.9b. It happens every time I try to grab the Big Backpack.

Here's the link to the crash report. Hopefully this'll help pinpoint the problem.

http://www.mediafire.com/?m7trj45473pck9f

EDIT: Found out how to fix it at least. Dunno what's causing it but to keep it from crashing to desktop, I went into sdcustom.ini and set the value for BigBackPack to 0 while using any value greater than 0 for BigBackPack2.

EDIT 2: Later on in the game (at E1M9 specifically) I encounter the same crash as mentioned before, even with the previously mentioned sdcustom.ini settings. Pretty sure it's something to do with the Big Backpacks.

EDIT 3: Big Backpacks are still showing up and crashing the game to desktop ever after changing their values to 0 in the sdcustom.ini file.

EDIT 4: Tried deleting both BigBackPack variables as well as PointsBunny completely from sdcustom.ini to test something. None of the Big Backpacks and the Points Bunny showed up at all from E1M1 to E1M7 (E1M9 is included in this). However, both the Big Backpacks and the Points Bunny showed up in E1M8 with Boss Rush mode on during this playthrough. Like before, picking up the Big Backpack during/after the Boss Rush crashed me back to the desktop. I think BigBackPack, not BigBackPack2 is to blame for this crash.

I'll do some more looking around for crashes and the like tomorrow. I need sleep. :P

Hmmn Big Back Packs should be fine, I dont have a problem with them.

Did you install 2.9b into its own directory? Or over a previous install?
Install it (with the 2.9b sdcustom.ini) into its own directory. Let me know if that helps.

EDIT: Yeah during boss rush bosses will drop big bagpacks and points bunnies. The sdcustom.ini is for general artifact drop chance throughout the game itself, but boss rush is the exception.

BilboHicks said:

Hmmn Big Back Packs should be fine, I dont have a problem with them.

Did you install 2.9b into its own directory? Or over a previous install?
Install it (with the 2.9b sdcustom.ini) into its own directory. Let me know if that helps.

EDIT: Yeah during boss rush bosses will drop big bagpacks and points bunnies. The sdcustom.ini is for general artifact drop chance throughout the game itself, but boss rush is the exception.

I installed it over a previous install. I went back and did a clean install and all's working great so far. Thanks. (:

Nems said:

I installed it over a previous install. I went back and did a clean install and all's working great so far. Thanks. (:

Glad to hear! I should of specified that in the readme actually.