Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
peach freak

Chocolate Doom Support

Would it be possible for Doom Builder 2 to support Chocolate-Doom for testing WADs? Right now, I use ZDoom for all my testing, but Chocolate Doom is quickly becoming one of my favorite source ports out there. For those who want their WAD to be compatibile with Vanilla Doom, this is a great great to test it out.

Thanks.

Can't you just configure DoomBuilder to use chocolate-doom.exe? As far as I know it isn't tied to any particular source port.

You can definitely test with any engine you want. I haven't looked at DB 2 yet, but in DB 1 if you want to test with an engine that isn't in the drop-down menu, then you can write the path to another engine and add command line options in the spaces provided. Also, you can add more entries to the drop-down menu by editing "parameters.cfg".

I seem to have issues with this though, chocolate doom works best when it's "start in" directory is its own root, supplying a .cfg only seems to get half the job done and i've jsut realised mid sentence that this is because i only told it where to find the doom2 config and not told it where to also find the extended chocolate-doom.cfg too, i'll shut up now.

I tried specifying the directory to Chocolate Doom (which is in the same folder as all of my Doom WADs), but when I try to test a map, it comes up as "DOOM2.WAD not found." I even tried adding it to the parameters.cfg file, but it still couldn't detect it.

chocolate-doom
	{	title = "Chocolate Doom Skill #4";
		executeable = "chocolate-doom.exe";
		parameters = "opengl -iwad %D -file "%A" "%F" +map %L -skill 4";
	}

Do you have Doom2.wad in your Chocolate Doom folder?

Also, that command line has a few issues - you're using Chocolate Doom, not GZDoom. Remove "opengl" and change "+map %L" to "-warp %M"

First of all, you don't need to edit any config file to make this work. Just go to the game configuration you are using (F6) and open the Testing tab. There you can check a box that says "Customize parameters" to enable the fields for your own settings.

However, it will never work with the command line parameters you just pasted here (the placeholders are not the ones DB2 uses). I suggest you try it with the default settings first (turn "Customize parameters" off) and make sure you have an IWAD (doom2.wad in your case) added to the resources list for that game configuration you are using. And preferably move it to the top of the resources list.

cycloid said:

I seem to have issues with this though, chocolate doom works best when it's "start in" directory is its own root, supplying a .cfg only seems to get half the job done and i've jsut realised mid sentence that this is because i only told it where to find the doom2 config and not told it where to also find the extended chocolate-doom.cfg too, i'll shut up now.

You know that you can edit what you wrote before you finally post?