Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CeeJay

Heretic & Hexen custom resources

Hello!

With the unexplainable sudden boom of interest in Heretic and Hexen, what with all projects going on aswell as all custom-made weapons and baddies out there i thought it would be of interest to modders to collect them all into one single place. What we could use is a beastiary/weaponry site devoted to Heretic & Hexen, but that is probaly never going to happen. So for now atleast i took the librety of collecting some of the custom-made weapons and releasing them inside a packed file. I release it here and now for the interested party. It mostly contains the works of the talented Eriance and Neoworm but also some other more rare stuff. There's 25 weapons included total that can be used for any medieval/fantasy mod for Heretic, Hexen, Doom or just about any FPS game for that matter.

As far as i know, everything is free to use aslong as proper credit is give (each weapon directory contains a text file with very basic info and credit).

Tell me if you feel i have forgotten something or given wrong credit.

http://files.filefront.com/HHWRES1zip/;13336708;/fileinfo.html

UPDATE 02/25:

http://files.filefront.com/HHWRES2zip/;13362410;/fileinfo.html
Contains a few additional weapons.

Why? If you look at ports that support several games (Doomsday, Vavoom, ZDoom), you'll notice they're not called Heretichexendoomsday, Vavereticvexenvoom or ZHeretichexendoom. :P

Gez said:

Why? If you look at ports that support several games (Doomsday, Vavoom, ZDoom), you'll notice they're not called Heretichexendoomsday, Vavereticvexenvoom or ZHeretichexendoom. :P

You (like everyone else) forgot about Strife. :p

Strife will have to wait for a "unexplainable sudden boom of interest" in itself to get its name concatenated to the others.

Vavereticvexenvrifevoom would be a totally marvelous name. :P

CeeJay said:

unexplainable sudden boom of interest in Heretic and Hexen

I don't think it's so unexplainable, I think it has quite a bit to do with the re-release of the source code as GPL a few months back.

DuckReconMajor said:

So are we gonna have to name the site something more politically correct like Heretichexendoomworld or DoomEngineWorld?

How about "id Tech 1 World"?

esselfortium said:

Erius....you mean Eriance? :P

Yeah, Sorry 'bout that.

I think we are getting a bit off-topic here. It is called Doomworld and it is dedicated to the Doom community (and many of whom also have interest in Heretic, Hexen and Strife). Let's get back to topic shall we. The weapons included in the package can just aswell be used in a Doom project.

DuckReconMajor said:

Is that the sickle from Hexen 2?

Now you've got me excited.

Yes, yes it is. It was ripped from Hexen 2 and cleaned up (make it look better as sprite) by Neoworm along with the Sun Staff.